French Trip

Indeed. In fact, it would be good if we could join them in some kind of organisation. You know, just so that we could go and live there if we wanted, and to make trade and travel easier. Oh, wait a minute…

2 Likes

Too right Andy, great roads and countryside, and definitely no complaints about the food. I’ve always enjoyed travelling in France. And contrary to popular belief I find the French pretty nice and helpful on the whole.

3 Likes

Day five we got a nice surprise of a hot breakfast at the City Originals Hotel in St Nazaire then it was an early start to our Gite in the tiny hamlet of Saint Mars sur Colmont on the D33. Again a very pleasant days ride with a grey but dry start which turned out to be warm and sunny. Arrived about 3:30pm then went shopping for food, beer and wine etc. Made a chicken casserole with lots of vegetables washed down with a bottle of red.

10 Likes

Yes a fine days riding on some fantastic roads in the wild French countryside :grinning:

10 Likes

With all that food and drink you may need to trade the bikes in for bigger ones on way home :pig::pig::pig2::pig2::smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t know about Steve, but Andy likes to go on food holidays… he just brings the bike along for company :grinning:

1 Like

I know about Steve - these two are a good match! :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Come on guys we have got to eat :grinning:

You two have your wee nibbles mate. No harm in that… :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Its actually a very enjoyable element for me too when on tour. Cooked breakfast in the mornings and pub grub in the evenings :yum: good to see yous are getting the weather too.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve not made it obvious in reports from past tours, but I do like a nice meal once and again when on the road… :see_no_evil::rofl:

2 Likes

Day 6. We initially went into the local village to buy bread and cakes, before returning for some breakfast. We then had a ride out to Fougeres. It was a really pretty town with a medieval castle. When we arrived there was a finishing line for 100k walk, with lots of very tired folk arriving. Anyway we had a look at it the castle followed by a drink and a mandatory ice cream, before heading back to the gite for some beer.

12 Likes

Looks great! And nice weather too!

1 Like

We have been really lucky with the weather mate😃

1 Like

Day 6 should have been a rest day but day 7 was forecast to be wet so we decided to ride out while the weather was good.
Fougere castle

5 Likes

@Wessa how’s your Tiger treating you Steve? Are you happy with it?

1 Like

Hi Wim, yes the baby tiger is brilliant. I completed the running in on the way from home to the south coast. So all my riding in France has been with the full rev range. Of course it is not as quick as the 1050, but in real live riding terms it performs brilliantly. You have to work the engine quite hard to get it moving but it copes really well.

6 Likes

That’s good to hear mate. Happy for you!

4 Likes

I had a blast on the trident, wringing its neck yielded some proper giggles

2 Likes

I’m trying to convince the mrs. to do a test ride on one, but she’s having ethical concerns because she’s not intent on buying. I told her that’s nonsense!

2 Likes