French Trip

Day 7. Today we had a short ride to a small medieval village called Sainte-Suzanne. It is situated between Laval and Le Mans, and is best known as the medieval village that resisted attacks from William the Conqueror!
Today, the architectural heritage of the village is preserved at the heart of a countryside setting perfect for walking.

Having spent a lovely couple of hours we returned to the gite for dinner.

13 Likes

Keith Floyd meets Hairy Bikers. :rofl: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Keith Floyd, yes. But Hairy Bikers? Have you seen them both? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You’ve got to love the charm of small French towns and villages :+1:

2 Likes

Nice, but could do with a few more carbs to keep your strength up… :muscle:

Yous look like yous’re (thats plural) having a great time :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We definitely are having a great time :grinning:

4 Likes

Today I went into town for breakfast pastries then spent a quiet day on my own resting while Steve went out on his own. I’ll let him tell you about that. I also bought these beasts which we had for tea.

Very tasty they were. :yum:
4 Likes

Those are looking yummy! Entrecotes? :yum::yum:

Day 8. It was Andy’s turn to go for the breakfast at the boulangeriere. Once he was back and we had had our fill I decided to go wash my bike. The gite owner offered to take me to the jet wash in Gorron, the nearest town.
Once there I set about the bike which was filthy from our ride down to Poole last Tuesday. Washed and wipe over the bike was looking pretty good again.
Andy had decided to have a rest day at the gite, so I thought I would have a ride over to Mont- Saint-Michel, what a beautiful place. I only took the one photo from afar, as I could not be bothered to walk across from the car park, which was too far for my old joints.

On my return to the gite Andy and I sat out in the garden in glorious sunshine for a few hours with a few beers, before cooking our dinner. Steaks were the order of the day, with potatoes, mushrooms, onions and garlic.

We are now just chilling with a glass of red wine before doing the dishes. It is a hard life but somebody has to do it :grinning:

8 Likes

Sad to see you two having such a hard time… :see_no_evil::rofl:

1 Like

Yes. Yummy yummy yummy they feel good in my tummy. :grinning: :grinning:

If it’s still the same as when I visited some years ago that was a very good move.
It might be bigger than our Brit version but ours has class, the French one was crammed full of tat shops as I recall.
Far better viewed from afar. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Hooligan :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:

1 Like

Did you had the chance to eat “agneau pré-salé”?
That’s very special near le Mont Saint Michel.
The sheeps are eating the “salty” grass near le mont St Michel, and because of that taste differently.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no mate. Andy had already got the steaks for our evening meal, so I only had a sandwich and Coca Cola for my lunch.

2 Likes

Real mates don’t buy you steaks for an evening meal!
You need new mates!!! :grinning: :grinning:
Back in my day etc…

I know that taste well. Saltmarsh Lamb!

2 Likes

HMMMMMMM :thinking:

Have a great time chaps. Thanks for all the info.
Joe

1 Like