Helmet recommendations…

I’m in his good books this week. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s not real, you’re seeing a mirage!!!

Laverda now gone to a chap called neal who doesn’t have a spine requiring internal scaffolding. Im just celebrating having my first independent crap since my surgery last Friday, Laverdas are a thing of wonder but she was a big old bird and 32inch seat height meant the risk of drops and not being able to pick it back up were real.

Pictures or it didn’t…actually never mind.

Well lets put it this way, it looked like a large shovel full of everything on the Bristol stool chart from 1-8 and the smell was still hanging around the hall outside the toilet for a good hour.

Ahhh… the pick n mix selection!!!

2 Likes

No need to get annoyed Glenn. Octoberon and I know each other so it’s just a bit of winding up. He’ll do it to me when he’s in the mood and he’s pretty good at it.
Sorry it wound you up.

2 Likes

In fact I let him lodge with us last time he came out of prison.

Bristol stool chart ?
A real good dump can be very satisfying. As can getting rid of all that wind after a colonoscopy.

1 Like

Thankfully no experience of that :roll_eyes:the Bristol stool chart is literally a chart with illustrations of pretty much every type of turd you’ve ever seen, numbered so healthcare professionals can keep a score on bowel health.

And to think this thread started off as helmet recommendations. Epic thread drift :+1:

I did think about spitting the thread but where the hell do we put the chat about Pat’s bowels? :joy:

1 Like

It was a triumph!

1 Like

I rather thought it was all good clean (or perhaps not so clean in @PatW case) fun.

Anyway helmets and noise. I have used shoei it the last don’t know how many years as my go to helmets. In my experience flip front helmets are noisier than full face helmets, but I always use ear plugs which make the debate for me a mute one. :grinning:

2 Likes

Just trialed the Caberg but it’s not a comfortable head shape for me at all :frowning:
Send it back and trial anew I guess.

2 Likes

So the consensus seems to be the more you spend the quieter the lid although there seems to be a slight variance on opinion on whether or not flip lids are quieter or noisier.
So, for those of you with the expensive hats, can you clearly hear sat nav instructions through your headsets at speeds of 50 mph + ?
Because so far the most I’ve spent on a helmet is £250 on one that was reduced from £300 and I’m loath to spend £500+ just for a name if it’s not considerably quieter.

1 Like

Well I have a shoei gt-air and a neotec so that should be a good comparison between the two types. Unfortunately my hearing is damaged so that kind of screws up the answer :rofl:
50mph though should be fine. I do struggle to hear the intercom at 70+. As for general noise between the two, there’s nothing in it.

I most certainly cannot hear my sat nav. I don’t have Bluetooth in my helmet and all my sat navs are on mute. I don’t need to hear it. I just glance at it every so often.

With my arai it could get difficult to hear if there was a lot of wind noise, so at highe speeds, but I have a bluetooth system with custom-fitted earplugs these days and I hear everything with those.

I’m the same… sat-nav always on mute! I don’t like instructions, the screen is ample and far superior to worded directions. I do like the intercom though when out on tour etc.