Helmet thoughts

Double D buckles are the way to go. Why Motorcycle Helmets Use this Ancient Buckle - YouTube

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, my Shoei is by far the loudest of my helmets, which also include Arai x 2, AVG and Hedon. It’s also by far the biggest shell, presumably because it’s the only one that includes an internal sun visor.

1 Like

Personally I prefer a clear visor unless I’m riding into a strong sun, particularly a low sun either first thing in the morning or late evening when a tinted visor is a god send. I find having the drop down option is an ideal solution.

1 Like

My understanding is that an internal visor doesn’t necessarily lead to a bigger shell, but a heavier one - as they need to beef up the area around the slot for strength… So I hear…

Is an internal visor that good…:man_shrugging: I think it is entirely subjective… For me, I simply don’t know how one rides without!

What do you do, pull over when the sun comes out and swap visors…then pull over again when a cloud comes over…and again when it passes :roll_eyes:. Or keep stopping to remove sunglasses? :sunglasses:

Or ride round constantly in a state of shadow …hoping the sun comes out at some point,.maybe…in Britain :joy:

Of course I partly jest …but seriously, for my riding and how I like to ride …it is second only to fit and comfort.

5 Likes

I’ve found the internal sun visor is very useful especially when the sun is low as I can position it part way down to block out the glare, but still see through the clear visor

5 Likes

As you can see from my photo above the tint on a dark visor is not as dark as would seem when viewing it with the visor shut. Personally, I would never ride during the daytime without it.

1 Like

I’m happy with the photosensitive pinlock insert on my Arai. It does the job well enough and I don’t have to fiddle with a separate mechanism.

3 Likes

Just jumping in late on this one. I purchased the Arai Quantic beginning of the year. I haven’t used ear plugs since. Yes i would have liked the pull down visor. But the helmet is designed to accommodate glasses without misting and its great and totally quite.
Joe

4 Likes

Can you post a pic of your helmet Joe?

1 Like

Wessa
This is my helmet. Not the cheapest but i think worth it.
Joe

5 Likes

Lucky your Mrs can take a good photo!
I once tried on an Arai, loved it… hard to put back, but the pocket ruled on that occasion

1 Like

They’re lovely. I had one, same colours as my Blade back in the day. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself to something special, especially if it’s in an end of season sale…

3 Likes

Thanks Joe, that looks really nice. :grinning:

1 Like