Just non-motorbike photos

Had a rare (to me anyway) visitor to our little town….

7 Likes

Out with the drone this morning. This is Oxburgh Hall in Norfolk which was built in the 15th century and is now a National Trust property.

The picture was taken from an altitude of 392ft above ground level.

9 Likes

That looks amazing :grinning:

1 Like

I was reviewing my video footage from Oxburgh Hall and realised my drone had a close encounter with a bird of prey! The speed of the thing was amazing - it was in shot for less than a couple of seconds and swerved away at the very last moment. I guess it decided at the very last moment that my drone wasn’t edible after all :slight_smile: About a minute later it came back, although this time keeping a bit of distance, it circled a couple of times before disappearing.

I’ve had the drone for a couple of years and this is the first time I’ve had a close encounter with a bird. I’m glad it changed it’s mind at the last moment, if it had struck I’m sure it would have crashed the drone and the drone rotors would probably have done the bird considerable damage to!

I captured a still from the video

5 Likes

Well spotted

1 Like

Too indistinct for a definite ID, but my guess would be peregrine falcon. A bit high for a sparrowhawk, and if it was fast it won’t be a buzzard.
BTW, many know this already, but in Japan the peregrine is called Hayabusa…they can hit 200 mph in a dive and like to eat blackbirds! :wink:

8 Likes

Weather turned sunny yesterday so made a quick run over to Saltburn for a coffee as it’s only 25 minutes away.
Cannot believe some of these old tractors (used to pull fishing boats in and out of the sea) still run - this is what you call corrosion. :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Obviously I didn’t take this but, well…

5 Likes

Iconic aviation

1 Like

The Menin Gate, Ypres.

Vimy Ridge Memorial, Vimy.

Tyne Cot, Zonnebeke.

Neuville-St-Vaast, Arras.

Visited during the 100 year commemoration of the start of the Battle of the Somme. It was very sobering.

8 Likes

I’ve been to Arras. It is, as you say, quite sobering.

1 Like

Ypres, or Wipers, as my grandad, who fought there, called it.

1 Like

Being a mix of wife’s birthday and Father’s Day… we went for a gentle wander and a swim… settling in for a fat Old Fashioned in the evening sun!

6 Likes

Sunset at Birkrigg stone circle.

6 Likes

Had a little errand in S Yorks today, so we took the scenic route over Strines Moor and parked up at Ladybower Reservoir, took our little picnic up to Alport Castles. So many good views up there, and we were the only people on the moor. Got best seats in the house looking down onto the Tower.

8 Likes

Went over to Whitby yesterday evening for the bike meet and of course fish and chips.

9 Likes

That is a stunning picture Steve….

1 Like

Thanks mate, it didn’t look much in colour so just saved as as a B&W image :smiley:

1 Like

Ooh I’d just have to climb that… :+1:

1 Like

Found this little fella in MiL’s garden this afternoon. Never seen a hedgehog alive in the wild until this week and now seen two😃

3 Likes