Name that tool

Correct make of bike, at least :smile:

Is it a headstock lock nut tool for a CBR600RR?

I’m afraid not…

Total guess … It’s a castle or castellated nut spanner so, maybe for a SSSA locking nut? VFR800?

No. One thing I did notice when having an idle Google was how much manufacturing has come on. I bought this to do a specific job in 1976, and they’re still available. The ones now make this look like something I knocked up in the shed. Probably not that different on price either, I can’t remember TBH. Been to bed since then… :grinning:

Here’s a massive clue then

closeup

Clutch locknut tool for CB400 blue?

1 Like

Bang on, right down to the colour. I hadn’t realised the superiority of red bikes back then. It did look pretty sharp in blue to be fair. Loved it :slightly_smiling_face:

It popped a seal which required whipping out the lump to split the crankcases. I discovered the leak when it oiled my rear tyre and put me on my earhole one day :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been sorting out the garage again. Anyone know what these are?

Yes!!! Those are the cams for use in a mitre box cutter, for holding your wood in place!! The cam allows you to tighten up against the wood…

3 Likes

Aha! I have one of those! Bought it years ago and completely forgot those were bits to go with it. THank you for solving the mystery!

Mine must have been a real cheapo version as it didn’t offer such an option

I expect you were to use your thumb, like mine does