New Street Triple 765rs

Triumph is to release details for a new Street Triple 765rs on the 03/11/22, Triumph say it is more powerful with lots of new upgrades, no pictures as yet or any spy shots. I guess all will be revealed on the 03/11/22, more importantly no information on price, although I expect a price hike. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

2 Likes

Maybe, just maybe there will also be an interesting colour option / options. They’re like Fords were at present…any colour as long as it is black. :rofl:. I’ll look forward to reading about it / looking at it as I am utterly besotted with mine still, but it will be a good while until I need or want a more powerful bike :grimacing:.

2 Likes

There was some photos of a street triple with clip-ons and ohlins a while back, speculation etc.

1 Like

Oooh maybe it will divert me a bit from looking at Daytonas with longing :rofl:.

I would love to see the return of the daytona, they were things of beauty :heart_eyes:
I hope they dont make the street triple any more aggressive/harder though. It’s perfect right now! More power and same ergonomics/ride quality would be cool.

1 Like

I hope so to Mrs Visor, the matt black ones are “marmite” in my view, I bought a new matt black one, I say bought but what I did was swop a newly restored 1955 Triumph T100 I did for a Street Triple 765rs in matt black, it was a real pain to keep the paintwork looking good, I did think about a clear lacquer paint but changed it after 9 months for another STRS in Silver (not matt though). It was interesting speaking with one of the salespeople who I know really well, he said Triumph have loads of matt black machines as they have become unpopular, the dealership had the T100 in the showroom as a talking point for a while and sold it to a young enthusiast (maybe a new generation Rocker). Like you I prefer the STRS, I previously had both the 955i and 1050 model Speed Triples but prefer the 765rs. I can’t see the Purple, Nuclear Red, Green etc coming back though.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think the really bright ones are coming back (I am partial to the roulette green). I do like the pearlescent white with red subframe that used to be an option very much and it would be nice to see some other options too, although I am guessing market research must have shown there’s not much demand for them. I feel that the Street and Speed Triple fall outside the “hipster” bracket that seems to be the focus at present though.

I have to admit to loving my matt silver (which is lucky!) and actually the bike is so perfect for me that I would have pretty much any colour I think!

3 Likes

ALL WILL BE REVEALED…

17:00
3 November

Register now to be the first to hear about the most powerful, the most agile and the most advanced Street Triples ever.

The above from the promo email from Triumph.

2 Likes

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/roadsters/coming-soon

1 Like

It’s teenyweeny

1 Like

I wonder how large the riders are though; mine looks like a toy when @HelmutVisor rides it but like a normal sized bike when I do :rofl:.

1 Like

Mrs V, here are a few pictures of the 1955 T100 I restored and exchanged for the matt black STRS 765. I will post a few pics of my new sliver ice STRS 765 that I exchanged for that horrible matt black one.
thumbnail_449F45BC-B46F-4A47-A0E6-F51CA49EED89|669x500

7 Likes

That is a lovely bike, looks like you got it immaculate! Hopefully someone is getting a lot of enjoyment out of owning it.

1 Like

The new STRS 765 in Silver Ice, I have added lots of extras since I bought it new, I am about to fit full new K Tech front fork internals and a K Tech rear shock, and a full rolling road set up now it is just out of warranty.

5 Likes

The dreaded matt black one.

2 Likes

Ever since I had my stock suspension set up for me it is something that really interests me; it is now likely to be the first thing I turn my attention to on any bike, it really transformed the handling and ride experience. I am still boggled by it now!!

Do you do track days or exclusively fast road riding? Just interested with the rolling road set up and suspension upgrade. I assume the intention is to squeeze the best performance from the bike that you can and improve the quality of the ride / handling? (Sorry for the daft questions, I am always just keen to learn from those with experience!).

2 Likes

Hi Mrs V, I don’t think any questions are daft far from it, like you I am always keen to learn and pass on anything that may help others. The rolling road set up is purely to iron out the slight but irritating throttle response at lower revs, the mid and higher range will remain unchanged as there is plenty of power for such a light machine, it is only a few MPH down on the 1050 Speed Triple, although the Speed Triple has more low and mid-range torque, in real terms the Speed Triple picks up quicker in higher gears without the need to down shift as much as the STRS, the people that are going to do the work are top notch with a fabulous reputation, they have already worked on the STRS 765 and transformed the throttle response with no sacrifice to the mid and higher ranges, more importantly it irons out the Euro 5 weaknesses in the fuelling. The reason for the suspension change is to make it a far more refined ride with comfort the priority, I have set up the suspension and it has made a huge difference, however with our UK roads as they are I still feel it a little harsh. In contrast I regularly ride my sons Panigale 1299s and that is so refined it is unbelievable, but that has top notch Ohlins Semi Active suspension front and rear. Most of my riding is road riding, sometimes “rather spirited” but am just as happy at a sedate pace on scenic roads. I love the Street Triple 765rs and genuinely for me personally I have not found anything better that suits me. I do get to track days but not that many these days, some track skills are transferable to road riding but not many, on track there is no traffic coming the other way, no junctions, no people using mobile phones whilst driving etc etc, good fun but I certainly would not dream of trying out that pace on the road. Back to the STRS suspension with the K Tech suspension they build the rear shock to your weight in riding kit, they have different length springs for front and rear, in effect you are getting a “bespoke set up”, a little like having clothes made to measure rather than “off the peg” if my analogy makes sense. I just love motorcycling and am a bit of a “petrol head”, but a Rocker at heart and soul. I only have one machine at a time now and think I have the perfect machine for me. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

5 Likes

I traded a Speed Triple 955i for a 675R (pictures below) and subsequently gave it to my youngest son when I traded the 55 T100 for the “dreaded matt black” 765rs.

4 Likes

That all makes perfect sense. I am keen to do a track day - a tutored one with Rapid Training I hope, to improve my skills and confidence but as you say, without oncoming traffic, careless drivers, street furniture, an awful road surface etc. I think it would benefit me to be free to learn and make mistakes without the worry of spanking into an oncoming car at speed being the consequence of my misjudgement :grimacing:.

The bespoke K Tech suspension sounds brilliant - right now my novice skill level means what I have is more than good, but it’s useful to know these things for much further down the line, especially as I am likely to stick with a Street Triple for a very long time unless something massively changes. Thanks for taking the time to explain!

3 Likes