New Street Triple 765rs

That is one of my favourite colour combinations for the Street Triples, it’s lovely! Sounds like you’ll never recover from the “dreaded matt black” :laughing:.

2 Likes

Peter Hickman went out with Rapid Training for some road riding training (yes really) on a Triumph Street Triple 765rs, Peter himself says he learned a lot about safer road riding, whilst he is undoubtedly one of the safest and fastest riders on track road riding is a different skill set. You will really enjoy your day with Rapid Training, most of the staff are Class 1 ex police riders with bags of knowledge and experience and make you feel relaxed. Have you thought about the IAM training/assessment for road riding, it does enhance road riding skills, you can even do the Masters at a later date.

1 Like

The 955i traded for the white ST675r

3 Likes

I had the Nuclear red (nail varnish pink) 955i speedie, but personally I’d have kept the T100, lovely machine.

1 Like

I have done one day with Rapid Training in July this year (six months after I had passed my test) which was really, really good and am going to do some more with them as their style / ethos really suits me I think. They also provided a ride report to look back on which is useful. The coach was fantastic; totally no - nonsense genuine bloke (ex police surveillance rider) who was genuinely enthusiastic and interested and I made some real improvements. It was also great for my confidence as I was better than I had thought I was and there were some big positives about my riding (in line with my experience level of course!!). I have thought about IAM but I really liked Rapid for the less rigid approach to riding I think.

I saw a video of Peter Hickman on the Rapid website when I was looking at training providers, goes to show we all have something to learn, no matter how skilled and experienced!!

2 Likes

Wow I love that colour, the best one to have in my mind, the T100 was a lovely machine and a pleasure to ride, for me I love restoring bikes of a certain age, I served my apprenticeship on such machines.

2 Likes

I am learning all the time, I don’t think we ever stop, it never ceases to amaze me the skill level a lot of forum members have, some of the work I have seen would be good enough to show, and at times with limited space and or tools, fantastic.

1 Like

I am in awe of a lot of the skills and knowledge on here, agreed!!

1 Like

My son swapped his very low mileage (6000) Speed Triple 1050 for a Suzuki Katana, his first bike was a 4-cylinder Suzuki Katana 250, and he has always longed for another, so I got a great deal for him on this new one, it even came with the Katana kit.

5 Likes

Must admit a longing for a big Kat!!! A long time desire gone without fulfilment

2 Likes

Never say never…

2 Likes

I agree there is always room for another machine

2 Likes

So, ahead of the UK release time of 1700hrs today, apparently Triumph India briefly released the new Street Triple details before the webpage was hurriedly taken down. There is allegedly a limited Moto2 edition, RS and R. A sneak peek:

They look a bit Yamaha MT - alike to me as a first impression.

1 Like

I quite like the look of the red one,.

They’ve done away with the front cowl… bet they be looking to charge extra for it now! I found that with my new bonnie, they remove bits from the previois model then charge you for them

1 Like

On first looking at the pictures it appears lots have changed, new exhaust and headers, new plastics, forks etc etc, it will be interesting to hear about the full details of changes, the limited-edition Moto 2 sounds exciting, maybe a time for me to contemplate a change after all.

3 Likes

Looks like everything else, losing the Triumph identity.

There we go: https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/roadsters/street-triple-765

Same crappy TFT screen :unamused:

Im not impressed to be fair. Still crappy colour choices, specs are not living up to the hype. And more bloody limited editions. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll be a fantastic bike! The street triple is the connoisseurs choice :ok_hand:t2: the red does look nice but the rest are ghastly. Give us something with a touch of class Triumph

2 Likes