New Street Triple 765rs

I agree with Andyc1, the reality is a lot different from the hype, the RS Moto 2 Streetfighter as Triumph call it is not for me, poor colour schemes, a higher seat height, the design team must be 6ft 6in with 34 inch inside legs, the 765rs has no real advantage over the current model apart from the lovely red paintwork. I recently test rode a Ducati 955 V2 Streetfighter, the bike weight is 178 kg and puts out 153 bhp, it has the latest-generation electronics package, the suspension is an improvement over the standard 765rs, but given I have just ordered K Tech front and rear suspension I am now torn between doing the deal or keeping the 765rs. Decisions Decisions.

3 Likes

I rather like them. The RS in particular will be a stormingly good bike I’m sure.

1 Like

Agree, it really bugged me that they kept saying how accessible the seat height was at 835mm. 805-810mm used to be the norm.
There’s no way I’d call 835mm accessible.

2 Likes

I am not sure what manufacturers think when they design a machine with heigh seats, as you say Jage those seat heights are anything but accessible, I was looking at an article in MCN regarding a new adventure bike and that had a seat height of 875mm to 920mm, who the hell are these made for, not the masses that is for sure. As for Triumph dropping the low ride height street triple doesn’t make sense, are they not even thinking about female riders at all. I suspect the Moto 2 version with its clip-on bars may well go the same way as the Speed RR that is proving difficult to sell, even at big discounts. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

1 Like

Female riders and riders that are still gaining confidence too.
Also, there are a lot of roads out there that have deep cambers to the side so every few mm can count.
I guess they are leaving the Trident for that and it’s one of those decisions that are made with data, “we have x bikes that covers x demography”, rather than stepping back and thinking about it.

Then again, Triumph are doing well so what do I know? I’m sure their class of rider has changed a lot in the past 6 years or so.

1 Like