Other favorite machines

Can we say what the bikes are? Not all of us are experts on some of the older stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, top silver bike is a 1980 Mk 2 1200 laverda mirage. Red & black bike is a 1978 Moto Morini 350 sport. The Lucky strike colours is a 1995 Suzuki GSXR750 WX, Last model pre Srad. Little red & white bike is a 1971 Motoguzzi Stornello 125 but with a 175 Stornello engine.

1 Like

Thnanks. I think that’s the model GSXR I had. Mine wan’t in Lucky Strike colours, though. It was a bit tatty so I had it sprayed white and purple, which was a GSXR1000 scheme. I don’t have any pictures of it, sadly. Can’t find one on t’internet either.

2 Likes

It was the last one in fowlers window, it was originally plain silver but the Srads had just come out and nobody wanted it due to the Srads and the colour so they painted it lucky strike, still didn’t sell so after a few months i went in and offered them £2k less than the sticker price (exactly half the price of the Srad) and they snatched my hand off, brilliant bike, best fairing ever, i could ride it in the pouring rain and i would hardly get wet.

3 Likes

I loved my one. It turned me in to a bit of a hooligan, mind. :grin: The exhaust was so loud I had to kill the engine and coast up to my house at night for fear of the neighbour’s wrath.

2 Likes

1200 Griso, i had the 1100 before this

3 Likes

Now that is a magnificent beast.

1 Like

Yes great bike, im an Italian bike fan as is probably obvious and especially V twins, i had a beautiful 1975 750 S3 guzzi which is quite a rare bike, sadly no pictures and even more sadly stolen, when the new Guzzi 750s came out i bought one of the special models as it had a similar orange and black paint job and i made a tribute.

I was at that layby last month :slightly_smiling_face: …

5 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a few more of your thoughts on the Griso’s, please.

Aye its not far from my house, it’s a favourite picture spot. Regarding Griso, fantastic bike though there were some issues with the early models of 1200, tappits weren’t hardened enough and the surface could wear and bits of hardened material contaminated the oil, they did a recall under warranty but if you were out of warranty you had to push Guzzi to supply a roller tappit upgrade, which I had to fit myself.

1 Like

Heres the 750 tribute i did, smashing little bike

5 Likes

Spotted by me around lake como a few years ago.
A wonderful place and this was one wonderful bike imho.
We never got to hear it fire up but its just lovely.

6 Likes

I was very tempted by one of those, a V7 racer. Was down between that and the thruxton r, I opted for the triumph in the end.

1 Like

Only 48 horses but an absolute hoot.

1 Like

Yes I quite liked the look of the V7, but like you the thruxton won my heart. Nice looking bike though.

1 Like

Just spotted this outside an Italian gelato shop in Thassos. Want one!!

4 Likes

You should definitely get one! I recommend the raspberry ripple.

1 Like

I looked all over it in detail beautifully made with love and the style looks so tasty, I chose lemon sorbet and mango passion fruit sorbet.

A very nice looking bike :grinning: