Perhaps there should be a politics corner?

For those that need to express their views…

And for those that don’t… to avoid.

It can be anywhere provided it’s not acrimonious.

Yes, and no. It doesn’t take long to open a thread, and subsequently ignore it if that’s how you feel. This forum seems to have a good spread of political opinion, and from what l’ve seen people can express their views and respond to others in a good and polite manner. No snowflakes , mankinis or gammons here, as far as l can tell :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Politics is a toxic subject and a specific thread will be just that. I’m not sure going down that road is a good idea for the forum. We should learn from history.

3 Likes

If for one second I thought that anyone of us would change our own minds or have any effect on those in charge I would say yes.

My vote is no politics.
Debate for debates sake?

3 Likes

I totally agree with what @Wessa said.

The funny thing with politics is that when you think you’re right… anyone else’s point of view becomes a challenge and it becomes about one-upmanship (can I still say that? :thinking:)
But in reality, the state of British politics has been a shower of Shiite for a long time… when was the last prime minister with a majority government to last a full term?

1 Like

If anyone is disappointed about not having a politics thread I can post a link to the Daily Mail Online and Jeremy Vine’s call-in phone number. :wink:

Can we talk about religion? :joy: :wink:

God no! :wink:

Alah, peace be upon him…

1 Like

My point exactly, too much on here already. IMO

We come from a lot of different and interesting backgrounds, but all share an interest in motorbikes, which is the main subject of our posts. However, we also post about other events in our lives and other aspects of life. On some threads, this sometimes includes politics, which affects all our lives whether we like it or not.
I think that it’s working well on this forum, with different views being expressed without heavy rants or personal attacks, just gentle banter.
The internet is awash with piss-taking memes about the national shitshow of the last few months, and it would be a great shame not to share these and sometimes comment on them. If anyone doesn’t want to engage with these, they don’t have to.

3 Likes

…or welcome the Lord Jesus christ into your life :joy:

If I wanted someone in my house all day telling me how to live my life, I’d get married. :wink:

(If you could find anyone myopic with questionable taste)*

Hey, what’s wrong with religion? Sometimes it can perform miracles…

1 Like

Well, Mordaunt’s made her move. To be fair she’ll do for me-if we’re going to be governed by tits hers are a fine example. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice to know we can rely on forum members for subtle political analysis… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Truss had a decent set of bangers and they did her no good…

1 Like