Pets Corner

Group shot with Mrs W

6 Likes

Cripes Pat, I wouldn’t fancy your dog food and vets bills :face_with_peeking_eye:

We had 7 but two went off to the “happy hunting ground” last year SEREN and BE

2 Likes

Women on the bus volunteered

to draw mine, I think she caught him

4 Likes

Just got back from the vets. I’m afraid he’d had just one fight too many…poor little guy.

As a cat lover, I feel your pain - probably more than you do, in a sense. You’re a VERY honourable person, Iron.

3 Likes

Flossie enjoying the sun last year.

6 Likes

Sorry @Iron , what sad news. :cry:

Poor little guy. :slightly_frowning_face: Sorry to hear he lost the bigger fight.

Both these sisters are gone now, Giz did well at nearly 17 years…

Here she is at perhaps 17 weeks…

7 Likes

Flossie looks exactly like our Harriet, world champion mouser.

I am sorry @Iron.

Thank you. At the moment I would say no - I don’t get attached to people too easily, but animals I really do and Rudi was a “once in a lifetime” sort of a dog, truly my best buddy. I am still utterly heartbroken (I am not the crying sort but for animals…a wreck) and couldn’t contemplate another right now.

On a more practical note as well, we used to do a lot of spontaneous travel etc which we haven’t now for many years as we had two dogs and then just Rudi and their care was always put first (of course, it is how it should be). It would be nice to have some time to be irresponsible again :rofl:.

3 Likes

This my mrs. view on life… :rofl::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

We are fortunate to have friends who will be foster parents to our dog when we go away. We do the same for their Rottweiler when they go on holiday. Great arrangement!

7 Likes

That is really good :slightly_smiling_face:. We did used to have a fantastic lady who looked after Rudi, but she hurt her back and then only took dogs under 25kg, so at just shy of 50kg Roo was too big.

1 Like

Yeah, we get plenty of little presents too, even had a couple of bats once.

The bigger presents we manage to return to the wild.

5 Likes

I know what you mean. Some Harriet kills and eats, some she just kills, some she brings in alive and drops on the floor, leaving us to catch and rescue them. I’ve rescued bats, moles and quite a lot of mice and birds: I have become quite a good mouser myself…

Her little tabby sister, Lucy, is far less interested in hunting, and just catches and eats the occasional mouse. For Harriet, though, it’s a mission to rid the world of rodents.

2 Likes

Flossie and Harriet are very much alike in more than just looks, by the sound of things! We now keep a few humane traps ready to deploy and usually keep them baited - ironically - with dry cat food!

1 Like