Pinocchio is dragged towards the door

The lot I think… :thinking:

1 Like

As DCS says, the lot. I sometimes used to buy the Times on Sunday for the various supplements and I used to read some of the political comment, it made me laugh, it was so skewed. I don’t align with any political party these days, not since the Brexit party. How badly Brexit has been done is another story.

1 Like

It’s been done badly if the benchmark was the right-wing hyperbole. For some of us, this is about what we expected from such a poorly thought out exercise in hubris.

Interviewee (journalist) on Radio Scotland yesterday came out and said there was a problem with Boris’s visit to a Russia oligarchs mansion in Eastern Europe, a few years ago, that he attended in the company of a ‘unknown lady’
The oligarch has since been made a Barron.
The Russian’s father was a former head of the KGB.
The mansion has been used as a venue for the Barron’s “Bunga Bunga” parties.

Boris was Foreign Secretary at the time and attended with-out the usual overseas security, or advisers.

No chance a a Blackmail scenario there then.

These are wealthy men who want it all. If he wants to shag some bird at an orgy why dont he f off and do it.
Not like he cant afford to indulge his vices outside of the public realm, and without the risk to (lets just say ) political decision making.

1 Like

Anyhow, moving on, who would you prefer to see replace him? I like Sajid Javid, Liz Truss looks like she takes no shit, but being a Remainer probably goes against her. Or Tom Tugendhat, ex military, seems straight enough. Perm any one from three for me. Any views? :slightly_smiling_face:

I suspect the replacement seat is to be a short-lived, poison chalice, I suspect a large swing away from the right at the next general election. Boris is leaving several turd stains on that particular office.

Having said that, I particularly don’t want Hunt the “rhyming slang” anywhere near PM …

3 Likes

None of the above, give me the guy/gal who doesn’t want the job every time!

There must be one honest, strong, respectful, humble, long sighted, ethical, and generally epithetic individual out there.
Couldn’t we have a formula that all candidates must fulfill?

That’s what Boris claimed, and 14 million people believed him. :rofl:

You can fool some of the people all of the time…etc…Abraham Lincoln

Where the heck is this place hubris ?
Can’t find it on Google Maps !

I kind of like Nigel a bit for the way he says it as it is. Can’t think of any Tory or Lib that I would have any time for and the only Labour MP I like is Lisa Nandy because she’s a northern lass and SEEMS a bit sensible and sounds a bit honest. The trouble these days is that politicians can’t say what they really think because they would get slaughtered by the press/media and be forced to resign and lose their place on the gravy train. They can only spout the PC message which achieves nothing.

2 Likes

In the words of the late great Douglas Adams in The hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy -

“Anybody who actually wants the job of President of the Universe, is clearly unsuitable for it” Hence the president was chosen at random.

If I was a Tory MP, I’d vote for someone who hadn’t applied for it. Shame that’s not an option.

You follow the road for Hopeless Optimism until you reach a dead end. Then you get out of your car and bang your head against the wall until they change the map.

1 Like

Yeah, I wish they’d just say what they think without worrying whether it’ll win or lose them votes. It wouldn’t matter what the press said then, we could all make up our own minds.

I often think of that observation from THHGTTG whenever I hear a politician spouting whatever their ambition requires. I think we all heard Boris talking up EU membership until it didn’t serve his purpose. He saw an opportunity for power, not an opportunity for the country, and at that point nothing he said was to be trusted.

1 Like

…then turn sharply to the right, l think. :slightly_smiling_face:

Keep going right and you end up back where you started.

Yes, it has always seemed very odd to me that Adolf & Joe considered themselves politically opposed when they both murdered millions.

1 Like

I am kicking myself for not thinking of that. :slightly_smiling_face: