Poorly Ducati

Apparently they cook their plugs too, could be an easy fix :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The garage reckons it’s likely a fuel mapping sensor, so that’s not a very expensive problem to fix - they’re taking it apart for the desmo anyway so no extra labour costs.
Moral of the story…? Should’ve bought a Speed Triple :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Any updates?

1 Like

No, Rachel’s going to put it in to Ducati for the service and they can sort out the problem while they have the bike apart.

1 Like

Did this ever get sorted?

2 Likes

Not yet. Need to get it done for when the nicer weather arrives.

1 Like

Had a look at another one of those today. Really nice internals (not much mileage about 7k I think) but something not quite right…

…there were a few extra gears laying in the sump :neutral_face:

Smashed needle bearings too.

3rd gear in a few pieces

other gears none too good either

Big ends have had some knocks as well as casings. It’s not good and it’s not carbs or electrics, it’s just broken…well broken…

1 Like

Ouch €€€€€€

2 Likes

It actually made 7k before going pop? Wowsa!!!
Mmmmmmmm… cool wet grass…cool wet grass…oommmmmm

2 Likes

Mama Mia eetsa nota very well…

2 Likes

Got to say, l’d rather stick pins in my eyes than buy a Ducati. They just seem a bit too fickle and prone to premature explosions…:confused:

2 Likes

My 2007 Multistrada was faultless i have to say

1 Like

I’ve always fancied a baby panigale 959… but I know I’ll just be an eejit on it :grin:

2 Likes

That’s progress for you,…
my 2013 DEFINITELY WASN’T.

1 Like

No fancy electronic gadgets

2 Likes

Iron
Nothing you can’t repair even improve.
Jpoe

The only time my 01 SS has let me down was the Meta alarm system preventing it starting. Ripped that off and consigned it to the bin.

As for character it has it in spades whereas my 21 Street Triple just does what it says on the tin.

2 Likes

The saga of the poorly Ducati 848 Streetfighter is almost at an end. If you guessed that the problem was a misaligned aftermarket fuel filter that allowed moisture to get in to the fuel system, give yourself a gold star (not the BSA). We’re off to collect it from Ducati Manchester on Saturday when there will be much whooping and jumping for joy by its owner followed by tears of financial despair as the bill is paid. Today’s top tip for Ducati owners - try not to have your bike fixed by a main dealer, new wheel bearings installed, fitted with new tyres, desmo serviced and MOT’d all on the same day. The resulting bill is eye-watering,

1 Like

Oh my; cost of ownership really comes into focus when met with these type of repairs lol :slightly_frowning_face:

I can almost sense the excitement of it’s return from here!! Looks like the weather might be picking up a bit from days of relentless rain too from Sunday so fingers crossed you and @Motopulcino get out and about and enjoy it (if nothing else, maybe it will soother the financial pain a little!!).

1 Like