Pyrenees, Alps, Dolomites, N Italian Lakes

Ferries and hotels all booked now.
If you don’t see a few photos June/July time then it didn’t happen. :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Good work mate. Ride safe, you’ll have a blast. Not in the least bit envious… :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks Alan, 15-20 years prior experience of much the same, but Brexit/Covid and other issues means it’s now 9 years since I last did this. Feeling a bit ancient, but missing the mountains and only one way to see if I still have the energy. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
(Knocked back the daily mileage from what I used to do and taking 3 weeks, so should be fine. :+1:)

4 Likes

Looks epic! What’s the total mileage?

1 Like

3,180 miles
Ex work colleague (I’m retired now) always took the piss (and still does) about my ocd and love of spreadsheets. :laughing:

2 Likes

That looks class!

1 Like

We went to Bolzano in 2007 on my ZZR1200. Lovely town, stayed in a fantastic hotel on the hillside. Dolomites I think was my favourite ever bike tour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That looks like it will be fantastic!

1 Like

That looks like an epic trip :sunglasses:

1 Like

Like said before - we’re in the Dolomites second half of June. Very welcome for drinks and grub. You know where we are! We’re in a big converted barn, could even offer you a bed for the night.

2 Likes

Hi Wim, yes we must meet up (we have the bed already covered thanks :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:). We’re in the Dolomites 27th/28th, I’ll pm you nearer the time. :+1:

3 Likes

Great! Looking forward to that!

2 Likes

Fantastic trip plan.
On the way back you pass my place. If you want to save an hotel night let me know.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind offer @Hubaxe , I think we’ll pass on it this time, we have some long days when riding near you which might be stretching my energy levels. Being sociable too at the end of the day might be stretching it too far. :laughing:

I didn’t talked about social behavior, I just offered a place to stay :laughing:
No pb at all. In case you need any help around my place (Aix Les Bains) just drop a message.

3 Likes

Thanks again, that’s great to know. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :+1:

And away…

15 Likes

Safe travels!

3 Likes

Class, have a great trip! I will be following this.

6 Likes

This is the exact trip we will be making in September. Thanks for the path finding duties. Have a brilliant time.

5 Likes