Pyrenees, Alps, Dolomites, N Italian Lakes

Not exactly - as we will have left the Dolomites and shan’t be able to ply you with drinks and food… :rofl:

1 Like

I’m really really f****** jealous ! but have a great trip. :grinning:

4 Likes

Have a great trip. I really miss being away on the bike lol :grinning:

3 Likes

You guys already had your trip! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes that is so true…….

1 Like

You can always go again Steve! :smiley:

Yes and i’ve been to the TT as well but that does not stop me being jealous.

1 Like

@Col_C have a brilliant time!!!

2 Likes

This is true :grinning:

2 Likes

Come on, its after 7, get up, get out, post pics! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Give him a chance James, he’s just swam the channel. :smile:

Putting on the ritz (not) in Biarritz. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice to be in a place where 2 wheeled folk are regarded normal, rammed with scooters and a fair few big bikes.
(Mostly ridden with a death wish :astonished:)

Practicing for Italy. :yum:
While watching the locals promenading.

Close to midday by the time we cleared Santander, just dual carriagway today, but sea on the left and impressive hills to the right, quite bendy for a motorway.

Bit of peage first thing to Pau, then proper roads down into the Pyrenees. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :+1:

15 Likes

You’ll have to wait for better pictures en-route as SWMBO’s busy snapping on the camera from the back seat and too complicated getting them on my phone (and sods law looks like my sim has decided to fail the day before we left :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:)
Anyway, once past Pau the road south through the Pyrenees via Biescas and Broto is definitely recommended. Managed to find a straight piece of road to pull over for a bum break and phone snap.

We’re stopping the night at Barcelo Monasterio de Boltana.

Loads of character :+1:

N260 to Andora tomorrow…

15 Likes

Great pictures. The N260 is an awesome road, Wim and I rode it last year. Ride safe and enjoy.

2 Likes

A trifle damp just before Viella IIRC… :laughing:

Stopping just E of Andorra tonight, thoroughly enjoyed the N260 :+1: (again, not much of this trip we haven’t done before). Being Saturday half of Spain was out on their bikes not hanging about. :smile:
Not so keen on their gravel and crater parking spots though, my off-road skills are sadly lacking when fully loaded and pillioned, minor topple at 0mph and couldn’t hold it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
R pannier saved most damage, few scratches and indicator taped up. Nice Austrian couple helped pick it back up, wouldn’t have managed on our own, it’s bloody heavy!
Anyway, I now know the BMW SOS system works (it senses a fall), within seconds there was somebody talking to us asking if we need assistance, impressive!
Onwards and upwards, Carcassonne tomorrow.

4 Likes

Need to keep a sense of humour, I now have Marquez-esque skills for right handers. :joy:

3 Likes

Not a long way from where you are to Carcassonne. It’s a nice pass out of Andorrra if you choose to go that way.

That’s the plan. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nice! That’s what I did last year after having said goodbye to Steve - except that I went on to St. Jean de Minervois.

2 Likes