TDM 900 out and about

Well I’m happy enough! :grin:

8 Likes

Heresy! Burn the witch!

Nice bike.

1 Like

Cheers (it’s a 900, but you probably wouldn’t know that) :rofl:

I can’t type properly, and you probably know that. It’s even written on the bike. :man_facepalming:

:nerd_face:
Ooh, just noticed a healthy supply of face based emotion indicators too!
:+1:

There’s hundred of the litte buggers.

I had a TDM 900, and it was a great bike to ride, with a brilliant engine, really smooth at high speed, although I could never love its looks. Year by year it grew taller and heavier, though, and I replaced it with my present Street Twin. It’s also a great bike to ride, and looks good as well.

2 Likes

My biggest issue with it at the moment is the height for my Mrs. Having MS means it’s a very difficult Mount for her. :confused:

Sorry to hear that. Congratulations to her for still being willing to give it a go. You’ll have to get something with a seat nearer the ground, like I did. In my case it wasn’t MS, just advancing age!

1 Like

Nearest I’ve got to the tdm is my TRX. I just love the engine sound and character. But it’s partly in bits

2 Likes

They have quite a following… meant to be great handling machines. Love the frame too (hints of Ducati)

The only downside I’ve found is that the front end feels soggy. I once knew someone who raced them and he said just ditch the forks in exchange for usd ones and it’s totally transformed bike.

1 Like

My TDM handled very well on new tyres, but less so as the rear one wore and squared off.

2 Likes

I notice the TRX never followed the 180/17 fashion but had 160/17 instead. It still looked a wide tyre although dunno why

Slim bike :smile:

There’s a Black one up for sale in my local dealers… but I’m gonna have to replace my helmet and rain gear this year… so a “spare bike” is out! :joy:

Nice evening, bit o’ spannering needs shake down… so wandered off to Coniston water

12 Likes

I do like the yellow paint job on your bike.

1 Like

I like the bike and that colour - it’s about time Triumph brought it back for some of their models.

2 Likes

I agree, there is something about yellow on bikes that stirs my inner self.

2 Likes

Doing a teaching session in Lancaster today… so came home the coastal route.

Silverdale

Arnside

Sandside

And a glorious day for riding it was

7 Likes