TDM 900 out and about

So a 7:30 kick off saw me beat the Madding (maddening) crowd and give me some clear roads to get used to the new rear tire. Basic south lakes route, nice injection of fun and terrain for about 60 miles.

Ulverston - Newby Bridge - Hawkshead - Grassmere - Red Bank - Langdale - Little Langdale - Coniston - Greenodd - Ulverston.
The Fred Whitton challenge has just set off from Langdale - bonne chance boys n girls!
By Coniston, thon Ioniq driving wassaks were out and clogging up the roads in fit of planet saving hoodwinkery… so I were glad to be on the way back home!

Grassmere, Seat Sandle & Great Rigg (& you can just see the lion and the lamb on the horizon to the left of the big fir tree)

Langdale (& the pikes) and Mickleden + Oxendale

Fairfield in the midst of the mists… and a bright yellow yammerargh!

15 Likes

Fabulous. I envy you guys who have such scenery to ride through on a daily basis.

4 Likes

It would be fake of me to deny that… plus we’re a stone throw from the Pennines, the borders, Lune valley… there’s a lot of nice options

8 Likes

In a fit of teenager manipulation, I agreed to take my lad out today. So at 8am we ride the throat of the south lakes… Newby Bridge, Bowness, Ambleside, Grassmere, Keswick… where we stop for a brew and bacon butty :drooling_face: at the “still good n’ biker friendly” Filling station.

From there, we head over Whinlatter pass and turn left at Lorton to roll post Loweswater and over onto the coast… blatting through Calder Beck, Bootle and the like, before turning left to the Whicham Valley and final over the impressive Kirkby Fell and home.

115 miles of good lake district riding, in pretty good weather… And the only photo I took was this!

15 Likes

Can’t beat good quality time with the young one, and the ride sounds good as well. :grinning:

3 Likes

7/10. Marked down for lack of Lake District pictures.

So I had a couple of hours free (finally) so I went out in the cool evening air… up n over Gummers Howe to pootle about in the tiny lanes of Winster/Lyth valley… this would have been just as much fun on a 125 as a 900, properly small lanes reduced by a couple of feet of over growing hedges.

@Vulpes - the Ford is a bit low!

(No, I didn’t!)

11 Likes

Nice bike and terrific scenery!

3 Likes

Blimey - that IS low! I’ve not seen it like that ever :astonished: