Things that yank your chain

We’re always getting told use public transport, ease congestion, just as convenient…we have a work trip to France leaving today, booked train tickets to the airport rather than hire cars…with one and a half hours to train departure time…all trains to Birmingham are cancelled :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

It’ll be the wrong type of leaves on the tracks. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s probably too hot for the trains to run :-1: whatever the reason, it’s another example that you can’t ever rely on public transport.

Still, at least it saves you travelling all the way to the airport to discover that your flight is cancelled!

They warned potential warped rails at the weekend, on the bright side, you probably avoided certain death in a french forest fire or more likely botulinum poisoning from a Network rail sausage roll.

Did you get to the airport on time or miss your flight?

1 Like

heading to Angouleme again?

Trains do not like hot temperatures.

1 Like

Found an alternative method and made it to the airport…turns out there was no rush as the flight was delayed by 2 hours :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes mate, it’s a rough time in Angouleme but I’m embracing the cafe culture :beers: :wine_glass: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So called “Adventure bike” riders dressed up like Master sergeant from Halo, panniers large enough to accommodate a family of fleeing refugees, trickling line astern through the village stood on the pegs as if they’re wading through a primordial swamp when you know they only live 20 miles away and they’re heading for the local biker cafe/stop/place to be seen. Wassat about? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Could someone please explain to me how this is ‘green’

Silicone chips, lithium batteries, the energy to charge them? I thought paper was easy to recycle and sustainable. Winds me up how they label stuff like this as going green. It’s the exact opposite, is it not?

2 Likes

Absolutely, and when they get back in the office I bet they’ll be printing their notes off on an A4 printer.
In my early years in engineering using a drawing board if there was a minor revision to a drawing you just got a rubber to it and made the change, once CAD came along any change and the drawing was replotted/printed and the old one destroyed entirely.
Paperless office, I don’t think so. :laughing: :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I started out on Racal Kadett and Pertec Tape reader for plotting. Can confirm :+1:

2 Likes

I can probably explain the need for XXXL panniers. It’s for all the survival stuff they need to carry. You know, tents, four seasons sleeping bags, survival blankets, first aid kits, back-up first aid kits, fishing lines & hooks, tilly lamps, rations, compass, carrier pigeon, spare set of teeth etc :rofl:

1 Like

Not just bloody fantasists then ? :wink:

1 Like

Watch out… it’ll be our brakes next! I refuse to haul up quickly on this bigoted motorcycle! (Actually, bit of a storm in a teacup really, primary and secondary would work just as well I suppose) :grin:

(And no, I’m not a subscriber… just a sucker for headlines)

1 Like

One thing that really pisses me off is phoning any large company and getting: “We are experiencing a particularly high number of calls at the moment, so either look on our website for an answer to your enquiry or wait for an adviser. You are number 35 in the queue.” It’s always ‘a particularly high number of calls at the moment’ whatever time you call them. Why don’t the tight-fisted b’stards ever employ enough staff to provide a decent service?

6 Likes

Laying 38 sq metres of floor tiles and not being able to get to the aga for a cuppa for another 4 hours…and only another 10 sq metres of wall tiles left to do :flushed:

6 Likes

Started from the wrong end. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nope, to the left is the rest of the kitchen and pantry and door to back garden, to the right is the rear lounge, photo is from front lounge with access to hall with front door, if I started the other way I’d be stuck in the back garden.

This get’s my goat - not sure if this is the right location for it…

Trying to buy/research motorcycle equipment - helmets, gloves, shoes etc…but let me start with helmets.

Forget whether you are an advocate of, or are swayed by SHARP ratings or whatever…but, if you’re gonna “sell” helmets…at least have them all display their weight, not just some. If some have SHARP ratings, then show the SHARP rating for all the ones that have it, not just some.

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t, for every item…have a basic consistent set of criteria for “spec”, so, when you are on that one site, at least you can contrast and compare…

It’s a right ball ache trying to fathom it all out!

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes