Today I have mostly been

No, they’re not available yet. I’m taking a Soeed Triple and Paul’s trying the Tiger Explorer.

2 Likes

I’ll be curious what Paul thinks of it. I’ve done 6.250 miles on mine since April and love it.

1 Like

I’ll try to get him to post something.

1 Like

Yesterday I spent some time on the world of triumph web site looking for parts for my Thruxton. I need a new front brake lever and rear brake pedal. This is because I’m a complete knob, I dropped the bike putting it on the paddock stand. Totally gutted.

It’s really annoying and frustrating when this sort of thing happens, but dropping the bike at some stage is an occupational hazard when you own a motorcycle. Don’t beat yourself up about it.

1 Like

Cheers mate, like you say it happens. Only good news is all damage can be repaired :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Swearing was invented for just this sort of situation. I’m always nervous putting the bike on the paddock stand. There’s that moment where it all hangs in the balance, literally.

1 Like

Likewise, so I always fit a centre stand to my bikes. The extra weight is negligible on a road bike, being so low down.

2 Likes

Sh1t Steve, I feel for you, especially as it was the Thruxton. My Ditchpump slipped it’s left hand side bobbin on the Abba Skylift I had so I know that heart sinking feeling and subsequent panic attack well. Fortunately for me it wasn’t that far off the ground and the damage was only a small scratch on the frame, but it took some effort to get it back upright and away from the stand. I sold the Skylift staight after that, not wanting to risk a repeat. Fortunately for me the DP has a single sided swingarm (as does some Triumphs I think) so my rear pillock stand goes through the hub but I still get the willies when I put the front one on. I have a few large oven trays I use to allow the wheels on both stands to move smoothly when the bike goes on and off the stand too which I find helps. Might be an idea to get SWMBO to act as wicket keeper in future. At least you didn’t hurt yourself, or drop it in front of a large crowd of pi55 takers mate, that’s far worse (DAMHIK) .

2 Likes

Cheers Ade, the support and kind words are much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a right bu@@er Steve - fortunately only mild damage to the bike, and not you.

1 Like

Reckon you can’t call yourself a proper biker till you’ve “dropped one”. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’d be blaming it on the crazy paving. :+1:

Look on the bright side, my son managed to drop one of his bikes on to the other one, so two bikes to fix.

And I’ve managed to drop a bike whilst yards away on the other side of garage not even looking at it. Loud clatter, what the f… was that. I obviously hadn’t kicked out the side stand properly and left it teetering on it’s balance point. SWMBO was not best pleased, it was her bike. (So it could be worse) :laughing:

You’re definitely not alone,. Steve. :grin:

3 Likes

Those paddock stands are always risky.

1 Like

Been there, Done that …!
After spending an hour fitting a replacement screen to a Yamaha. Screen smashed . Put the old one back on …! And polish out scratches on the bike …!

1 Like

Small mercies Wim :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a shame @Wessa, I dropped the Blade putting it on the paddock stand for chain maintenance the other week. I was devastated. It has caused some more cracks in the one front right top fairing that had already been cracked by the previous owner and isn’t horribly noticeable…but I still look at it and feel sad. I am after some fairings for it that I can have custom painted by the man that did Helmut’s Aprilia tank.

If I had not been next to the kerb I think the crash bungs would have saved it totally, but the kerb lip did the damage as it fell onto it. The crunch of plastics was awful, I was afraid to pick it back up as I envisioned huge damage.

It happens to all of us. I dropped mine last year, fortunately on to grass so no harm done, but it did knock the handlebars out of alignment with the front wheel, so I had to slacken the fork yoke clamps to pull the bars straight.

2 Likes

Is there anyone here who hasn’t dropped their bike at some point?

I’ve dropped a bike 3 or 4 times in 40 years and have kicked myself for it each and every time with that “if only I had…” feeling :roll_eyes: