Today I have mostly been

Gutted for you mate😕
Glad you are still here to tell the tale. Get well soon :grinning:

3 Likes

Blimey, hard luck man, thats a (thankfully) rare one, hopefully you’ll be back on two wheels sooner rather than later, do Everything your physiotherapist tells you and keep your chin up.

3 Likes

Shit that’s a nasty one but glad to hear that you’re ok (sort of).
Wishing you a speedy recovery :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh no! Thats not what anybody wants to hear. Hope the recovery is quick and as painless as possible.
Good that you seem relatively ok though. Those type of accidents can end up far worse!

3 Likes

Blimey, bummer. Look after yourself, hopefully all heals up ok. Best wishes…

3 Likes

@ducatitotriumph - Aww shit fella!!! I guess we’re all aware that this day may come… and several of us have had an equivalent day ourselves (my left shoulder is about 1” shorter than my right) You’ve done the most important hours… so like @PatW says, working on your recovery time will pay dividends… that means rest as well as exercise. Just know that we are here to support you/take the piss as you need it. I suspect most of us will respond to a pm if you need a more private moment.
Take care fella!!!

4 Likes

Me on Wednesday. Had better days and thank the air ambulance for their fantastic (and, unfortunately) required service

7 Likes

WOW! That’s NOT good to hear - heck, no “biker down” incident is good to hear but bike on bike …

Can only wish you the speediest, safest, most comfortable and comprehensive of recoveries - and a painless resolution to what is almost an inevitable conflict over “who’s at fault”!

Hope it doesn’t put you off biking all together - get well very soon.

5 Likes

You didn’t mention the chronic tattoo, hopefully the NHS can sort that too… :wink:

1 Like

I was young and impressionable. I needed the money…
Piss takes are what keeps bikers going don’t you think?

2 Likes

Bloody hell, mate! That’s a proper going over and no mistake! Really glad to hear they’re fixing you up but I’ve no doubt it’s a painful recovery right now.

That’s a bastard about the new bike, too. But most importantly, you’ll be living to fight another day and hopefully we’ll see you on two-wheels again when you’re up to it.

In the meantime, get yourself well and try not to lust after the nurses.

2 Likes

That sounds horrid. Glad you’re still walking around. Speedy recovery mate.

4 Likes

What a horrible thing to happen. That’s a nasty list of injuries and sounds painful. I’m just glad that you survived - you might easily not have. I hope you make a good recovery as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Sorry for your condition man. Good your on here so soon, and being able to write your own updates. Does this help?

3 Likes

Well, just wishing you a speedy recovery. It sounds like you were just dreadfully unlucky meeting a plonker who had decided to chase the apexes down that stretch of road!

Hopefully when you’re fully recovered you’ll be back on a bike. It was a chance in a million kind of accident :confused:

3 Likes

Considerably!
Cheers!
:clinking_glasses:

Thing is I know a guy was Airlifted last year and is still recovering from a very similar thing.

I donate annually to the North West air ambulance, as you say vital work.
So what’s the new name going to be? Ducatitotriumphtokawasakitohelicoptertosofa?

3 Likes

So glad you’re here to tell the tale, hope you’re recovery goes as smoothly and quickly as possible. You know where to come in the dark times.

5 Likes

Bloody hell, that sounds like an unavoidable accident. The ones we probably all dread the most. I hope the recovery goes well.

3 Likes