Universal Simple Pleasures

A place to put stuff when the things that usually go wrong have gone right …
My opener:
The perfectly dunked biscuit.
No drop off into the coffee and perfectly moist all the way through

2 Likes

For me it should only be half dunked. The combination of soft and crunchy does it for me.
Plus I rarely drink coffee so it’s tea and the biscuit should be chocolate coated.

3 Likes

Nothing quite like playing a gig and the crowd are bouncing in unison; you can see it’s a special moment for them as much as for you.

7 Likes

Here’s another. Those with keyless ignition will identify with this one:
Guessing the correct pocket with the key in when you come to refuel …

4 Likes

Dunking my toasted fingers in my soft boiled egg. Nothing beat this for my breakfast :grinning:

4 Likes

My wife has a phobia of runny eggs - dunking into a hard boiled is not the same…

3 Likes

Traffic lights turning green as you approach them all the way through town.

4 Likes

Heinz baked beans on white toast with ground black pepper, lots of salted butter and slightly over cooked beans so the sauce is thicker. For me the toast and beans should be kept separate to avoid sogginess :yum:

I was with you up until the keeping them separate part!!!

2 Likes

One of my many idiosyncrasies Mrs V :wink:

Petrichor…

1 Like

That’s not beans on toast, that’s beans and toast.

1 Like

Correct and HP sauce on the beans. :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

I prefer a dash of Worcestershire Sauce in mine.

1 Like

Have to agree there Andy :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What, no bacon :astonished:

1 Like

OK, the beans on toast generated some passion so what about this one?

WARNING you may either love it or hate it :wink:

Scrambled Egg on Toast, butter melted in to the toast and a thin smearing of Marmite (Vegemite for the Aussies). :yum:

1 Like

I quite like Marmite myself, but I think it would rather overwhelm the relatively subtle flavour of scrambled egg. But chacun a son gout. My own guilty toast pleasure (I have lots of other guilty pleasures, mind) is HP sauce on (un-melted) buttered toast.

1 Like

I’m sorry but baked beans are not fit for human consumption. I cannot stand them.
My food dislikes are a bit weird though. I don’t like baked beans, ice cream or strawberries.

1 Like