Very unhappy with the AA!

I’ve just sent this from the forum’s twitter account. Rachel’s bike has broken down on the way back from Wales, 50 miles from home. Turns out her tax has just expired so the AA wouldn’t recover the bike, not even if she taxed it there and then. But, they’re prepared to do it if she pays them £300. I am not happy. :rage:

1 Like

Never liked the AA, ever since they backed leg protectors for motorbikes many years ago. Won’t touch them with a barge poll.

2 Likes

Disgraceful. Yet again money before any moral obligation to a human being. Spread the word!

3 Likes

No response from the AA but another rescue company has started following on twitter. :grin:

Could you please let rach know that “ducatitotriumph” has been taken already and i’m fond of it saul!

I can remember being checked at the roadside for legal status of my vehicle. RAC just moved the goalposts on me-when I had my tyre issues they said recovering the vehicle home because of tyre damage wouldn’t be an option. It was when I paid my money though, the patrolman told me it has just started last week. He said he’d find me a local mobile tyre fitter if need be. Like I haven’t got feckin Google :rofl: he plugged the tyre in the event-like I haven’t got a plug kit in the back of the car :rofl: WTF am I actually paying for? Check your T’s and C’s very carefully. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I assume she’s recovered now though? :slightly_smiling_face:

Set off about 10 minutes ago with the bike on a trailer. She called them at 1:30pm…

Do any of yous have breakdown cover on your insurance? I believe it works out cheaper than going with the likes of the AA. It covers you abroad too. Good chance It’s as bad or worse than the above… or probably even sublet to arseholes mentioned above.

1 Like

Just be thankful its not this guy
https://youtube.com/shorts/YlZ7IGnZ7fo?feature=share

I’ve got breakdown cover with my bank account. I believe it’s with Green Flag :green_square:

1 Like

I have it with my insurance. I also have the Triumph breakdown cover (new bike). If I break down I’ll call both and see who turns up first :+1:

I’ve got breakdown cover with my Peter James bike insurance. Got recovered OK when my tubed tyre Guzzi got a puncture a couple of years ago. I use Green Flag for my vans.

1 Like

Peter james cover is good

That’s one brain dead recovery guy.

3 Likes

This is the first I have heard of this clause about the vehicle’s legal status. Don’t understand what difference it makes in terms of the contract with the AA. You have paid for a service, the legal status should not make any difference to them. This is another example of an insurance company looking for any excuse not to honour their commitments :rage:

1 Like

My guess is they don’t want to find themselves transporting cars maybe on SORN for people’s convenience, or potentially “using or keeping” an untaxed vehicle on a public road. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s my thinking as well. I presume they’ve done it to avoid people getting recovered only because of the legality of their bike. In other words, “I just realised my insurance ran out last week - I’ll get the AA to take me home so I don’t get caught.” Somehow I doubt that’s eating in to their profits, and either way in this case the primary issue was the bike wouldn’t run. Maybe if they just reserve the right not to recover it would be more reasonable.

I got a reponse from the AA on Twitter this morning asking for Rachel’s details, which I’ve sent tham. We’ll see what happens now, but my finger is still hovering over the eject button.

2 Likes

How does that work Alan. The AA are not responsible for the vehicle legal status and if it is on their truck it isn’t on the road?

1 Like

I have some empathy with that point Saul, but if you have broken down the AA ( there are other recovery companies) have a responsibility to recover you, don’t they ?