Very unhappy with the AA!

Agreed Steve, it was a guess really. Happened to me though as l said, so clearly they’re twitchy about it for some reason. I’ve just asked RAC to deselect my auto renewal, they came up short so l think a look around is in order.
On another note, try finding an NHS dentist. It feels like the whole country is imploding…:unamused:

2 Likes

Yes, I believe they do. Just because they have this condition in their terms and conditions, doesn’t make it reasonable, fair, or good customer service!

3 Likes

Despicable. Check your policies chaps and chapesses. Also check your phone provider still does EU roaming for when you’re riding in the south european sunshine. :smiley:

…and be sure you don’t find yourself on maritime mobile network while on the ferry. £2.72 a call :hushed:

3 Likes

For our bikes I’ve gone with the insurance company’s breakdown cover for many years now. Fortunately not had to use them so far, so can’t comment whether they’re any good (can they be any worse?). Generally not AA or RAC, I’m with Axa at the moment, I assume it’s just farmed out to a local contractor.

1 Like

I’m with Lebara, 3GB of data per month free roaming right across Europe
100 Mins of yapping to European numbers Free
1000 Mins of yapping to a UK landline or mobile. Free
Unlimited yapping Lebara to Lebara, again Free
1000 texts, Free.
All this for £5.00 a month, not bad me thinks.

4 Likes

Just a final point I guess the real answer is don’t use your bike without an MOT, insurance and tax. Just saying :wink:

Bloody hooligans…

That’s an entirely different point and not a justification for the AA. Just saying. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep already agreed on that point. What the AA did was unbelievable :heart_eyes:

I’m probably gonna piss people off but so what?
The bike was illegal, should not have been on the road in the first place, no excuses.

It could have been worse. £300 is cheaper than the £1000 fine for getting caught without tax. Reason to be grateful to the AA?

Do you still get a grace period with tax? If so then technically the bike is allowed on the road. 2 weeks rings a bell, but if you were due at the start of this month then you were out of the grace period anyway. But nonetheless, it was very much bad form on the AA’s behalf in my book.

1 Like

No grace period.

You’ve probably got an £80 ‘fine’ from the dvla on the way for not renewing on time or making a SORN declaration.

To be fair to DVLA, when we forgot to tax a vehicle they wrote and reminded us, we bought the tax (backdated to beginning of month) and that was that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The day we lose any distinction between a mistake and deliberate intent will be a dark day for us all.

2 Likes

Trouble is the authorities don’t give any latitude any more. Unfortunately in the eyes of the laws it is black and white, your either legal or your not. Sad but true mate. I feel for you both as it is an easy mistake.

1 Like

When you say just expired I assume it must have been the start of the month. No tax equals no insurance in the event of an accident, I’m sure you wouldnt be happy if an uninsured driver/rider crashed into you.

I’m not saying it’s right, I’m saying that there is context, even in law.

1 Like