What are your 2024 biking plans?

Grand Tours?
New bike?
Motorsport events?
Bike shows?
Bike meets?

I hope to finally get around to some UK Mini-tours including a few days visiting the sites along Hadrian’s Wall and hopefully a week exploring in Wales. I would love to take the Tiger up to Scotland as well but that will probably have to wait for this year. Living in Norfolk, everywhere is a long trip!

On the bike front, I want to test ride the new Triumph 400x Scrambler and RE Himalayan 452 when they’re available. I’m not sure I really want a third bike, but I do find the thought of those two very appealing!

2 Likes

Apart from a two week trip to the Dolomites in June with the mrs. I am thinking about a tour to the Emerald Isle in May, and possibly Corsica later in the summer.

2 Likes

Famous last words… :wink:.

I love planning and have quite a few ideas for 2024 but none yet solidified into a definite. Lots more UK exploration for us for sure and hoping to get abroad. We are going to the ABR festival with friends and I am working on getting days off work for WSBK so hopefully we can go to Donington again as it was great last year, bar the cold, windy weather!! I am mostly wishing for fantastic weather compared to 2023 for whatever I am doing on the bikes.

On the bike front…I am looking forward to seeing my Fireblade fairings painted and complete.

3 Likes

Is that currently a work in progress, or is it scheduled for a later date?

This month I hope; the fairings are off the bike ready to be taken to the painter when he’s ready for them.

3 Likes

Yep. :roll_eyes: :smile:

1 Like

As are we all. :smile:

No firm plans here yet. Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be able to get the extended time off this year for the big Europe ride. :cry: At least I have the bike for it now and we’re thinking of a week in Spain around May time.

Every year I keep saying I’ll go to more racing events and not really done it. So this week I’m going to scoot around the internet, calendar in hand, and buy some tickets. I’d really like to do a long weekend for an Endurance round in Europe, too. Haven’t done one of those in a long time.

My old Street Triple is still waiting for some propeor tlc on the bike stand, so that’s a 2024 project for rainy days.

I hope this post doesn’t come back to haunt me in December. :laughing:

3 Likes

Just to help…
NOTE IT IS PROVISIONAL. !

1 Like

Beat you to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone :beers:

Apart from commuting on dry days, I plan to get out more and do more club events (LC, TOMCC, etc.) and I am now used to getting the smaller bikes in the van on my own for events further away from home. :grinning:

What I will need to do is rationalise my obsession of owning currently 4.5 bikes and still not achieving the best combo for fun, commuting and touring. Worse problems to have I know! :wink: The half a bike is a stolen/recovered Fazer 600 recently acquired to do up and flip.

I will never part with my T595, so one of the other bikes might go this year so I can get a Tiger, Tracer or similar for more comfort and carrying capacity on longer trips.

7 Likes

I need to finish at least one of the three project bikes in my garage. Quite a low bar, I admit, but my motivation has been riding rather than spannering.

5 Likes

Every time I make plans, they can’t happen, so for 2024 I make no plan and will ride as much as possible.
That being said in September with some friends we should have a 2 day trip through Switzerland.

5 Likes

Dates and hotel all sorted for our third year in Wales. There are ten of us so far in the group.

2 Likes

The T140 built last year needs a shake down and probably a bit of fettling. If I like it to ride I may keep it as I feel I’m getting to the end of these builds and I’d quite like a good TT looking hooligan to zoom around on.
The Harley Shovel will be rebuilt (a stroker S&S flywheel, cases etc and customised a bit, AMF painted for a 70s bobber with a swingarm). I plan to keep this one as I’ve always wanted a good looking Shovel to pootle around on.
Then start the big bore T120V with the Tiger head built into a T140 frame with discs all round, fatter rims (left hand hydraulic brake and right hand gear change) should be fun.
Come on spring and the warmer weather…

4 Likes

Back to Scotland for me and mates, probably June, but apart from that playing it by ear. As of April I will be on a 3 1/2 day week prior to retirement in April 2025 so should get more rides in this year :+1::blush:

7 Likes

This June will probably bring my first ride on the wrong side of the road, somewhere in the middle of Europe with a couple of mates, camping I think. (Not sure I like the idea of camping but I think cheapness and flexibility is the plan.)

3 Likes

Hopefully a road trip to Phillip Is for the Motogp and Superbikes. then try and catch some of the Australian superbike rounds.
Apart from that it will be ride hard and ride often on my favourite local roads.

6 Likes

I quite fancy selling the TDM to fund a more Classic bike, one that my old lady can throw a leg over the back a lot easier and join me on the rides. Not bothered about speed too much, but reliable and simple to work on are high priority. Probably won’t get round to it though! :joy:

Guzzi or Trumpet seem to be my favourite in the looks stakes

11 Likes

I conferred with @Andyc1 for a bit this evening, and plans for the Ireland trip this May could well be confirmed…

4 Likes

Assen MotoGP tickets booked.
Titzup Tours 2024.
But…. It will be a non bike trip this year owing to one non motorcyclist coming along for the first time. Travelling in air conditioned luxury for a change.

3 Likes