What is Next Or Not

Seeing I got an honourable mention from @Dawsy
If you’re happy with your Speedy have you considered making a few choice mods to perhaps update/retro it and make it “yours”?
You can see mine Here
Mine started as a 94R which has the benefit of Brembo’s, Ohlins shock and forks as fitted to later models, then I attacked it with Arrow cans, etc, etc.

Last year I also bought a S1000XR for 2-up touring, same engine as the S1000R you was considering. My opinion, the XR does that job intended for me but the engine is entirely different character to the Speedy, requiring much higher revs to show any, at sensible road speeds I find it bland. Some of the electricary is useful/entertaining, but some won’t see light of day once the novelty (honeymoon period) has worn off.
Engine and gearbox on my Speed is a peach, I prefer the manual box on the Speed to the q/s’d Beemer. Every time I ride the Speed after a spell on the BM I always have a massive grin on my face.
From numerous posts it seems with the Speedy you either get a good box… or you don’t (is it man’f tolerances or how it was run in?)
If yours is good hang on to it. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

3 Likes