What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

@HelmutVisor and I had a lovely trip out today - just over 120 miles (I’ll post a separate thread). I did completely love my Street Triple and feel confident on it before BUT since the suspension set up it feels INCREDIBLE. I have no idea how to describe it really but the terrible road surfaces are not nearly so uncomfortable and unsettling and the handling is perfection - I said to Helmut at our first stop it was like a scalpel :rofl:. The added confidence it gives has brought my riding on another leap :+1:.

12 Likes

Fitted new front brake pads today and got new front tyre fitted. Hopefully the new pads, and caliper clean and lube will sort out the creaking I had on one side. Test ride tomorrow…

5 Likes

How did the old pads look, any clues there?

Worn so it was thinner at one end, as I described in the Workshop.

1 Like

Ah, must have missed that.

Today I went for a 4 hour ‘test’ ride in the sunny countryside :slight_smile: New brake pads felt fine and had their bite back after a couple of minutes, and no sign of creaking (as I’d expected).

8 Likes

Great results there. Excellent!

1 Like

Good work fella

1 Like

Good one ……,

1 Like

Commute for me today, why not? Got a good non - forecast soaking on the way back though.

6 Likes

Run out on the Thruxton for me, lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Put the first 100 mile on it! Scraped the pegs and got it wet on the way home. Seat was starting to feel a little hard so maybe the comfort option will be required. I’ll give it a while and see. Fun, easy and nimble otherwise! The lighter rims are noticeable on these newer bonnies! They have also started shipping them with Michelin road classic tyres instead of the Perilli phantoms. Overall very happy :blush:

14 Likes

I can recommend the British Bikebits DS003 seat

Although it may be a different number for your water cooled. Smashing bike mate, one of my favourite colour schemes.

5 Likes

Great looking bike @Andyc1 and a real contrast to your 765 pocket rocket :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I agree - the colours are great on it.

4 Likes

Took the tiger for a final shake down run before my trip to Spain. All good, just the chain to lube before I leave.

7 Likes

As per @Wessa and his recent trip (followed with great interest thanks steve!), getting the bike sorted for northern france on Wednesday morning.
As steve will attest to, rain for next week so thats the jacket situation sorted!
Based in hornfleur and even though the weather is a bit pants, 9 mates and assorted tales over a pint in the evenings is going to be fun!
The humbling experience of the beaches and loss is extraordinary of course.

7 Likes

When do you start your trip?

Going to go to folkestone on Wednesday afternoon and tunnel for Thursday am (9 ish)
Back on Tuesday lunchtime.
Going to be nice (despite the forecast!)

3 Likes

Honfleur is beautiful and the seafood is amazing. Have a safe trip.

2 Likes