What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

One of the best things you can do to your bike is to get it handling nicely! Admittedly I’ve never actually had a proper set-up but I have been twaeking my own for quite a few years. For a long time I didn’t have a clue and probably made it worse more often than better :laughing: I still have to guess a bit but I at least have some idea of what I’m doing now and can usually get the desired results without too much of a problem. Getting the front and rear to work in harmony is important!

5 Likes

I have written a review but he actually went against what “the book” said and went with his gut / experience and the difference it has made is brilliant. Best £60 I have spent on the bike :+1:.

5 Likes

Another B road jaunt up to Elan Valley, water is at an all time low, never seen the reservoirs so low, 100+ mile loop, back through cwmystwyth and Tregaron, loads of bikes out as you’ll probably have seen.

8 Likes

Still got a leak but I’m not sure the carton tool is doing the job. The plastic is so thin on them these days they just crease up when you’re trying to drage them around the inside of the seal. Might just buy the tool and have done with it.

1 Like

Lovely run to Rivington Barn with my mate on his Z900RS. A6 to Preston but was gridlock there so nipped on to motorway for the last bit.
Plenty of folk about but not horrible busy, an excellent sausage and egg bun :grin: and some cracking bikes to look at.:grinning:

Home through Blackburn :confused:and the Forest of Bowland area :grinning:. Thoroughly enjoyed it. LOVE my Speedy :heavy_heart_exclamation::heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Saul, I had success with the tool I made by laminating plastic to what I assumed would be a suitable thickness. Was it three sheets? I forget. It was simply a matter of using what I had at hand, and this way I could experiment with thickness.

1 Like

Just back from a 2 days trip down to the South of France (Alpes de Haute Provence) via La Route Napoleon from Grenoble to Sisteron.
The SHAD E48 side bags are great, and held very well, despite some illegal speed reached on the motorway section.

11 Likes

@HelmutVisor and I had a lovely trip out today - just over 120 miles (I’ll post a separate thread). I did completely love my Street Triple and feel confident on it before BUT since the suspension set up it feels INCREDIBLE. I have no idea how to describe it really but the terrible road surfaces are not nearly so uncomfortable and unsettling and the handling is perfection - I said to Helmut at our first stop it was like a scalpel :rofl:. The added confidence it gives has brought my riding on another leap :+1:.

12 Likes

Fitted new front brake pads today and got new front tyre fitted. Hopefully the new pads, and caliper clean and lube will sort out the creaking I had on one side. Test ride tomorrow…

5 Likes

How did the old pads look, any clues there?

Worn so it was thinner at one end, as I described in the Workshop.

1 Like

Ah, must have missed that.

Today I went for a 4 hour ‘test’ ride in the sunny countryside :slight_smile: New brake pads felt fine and had their bite back after a couple of minutes, and no sign of creaking (as I’d expected).

8 Likes

Great results there. Excellent!

1 Like

Good work fella

1 Like

Good one ……,

1 Like

Commute for me today, why not? Got a good non - forecast soaking on the way back though.

6 Likes

Run out on the Thruxton for me, lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Put the first 100 mile on it! Scraped the pegs and got it wet on the way home. Seat was starting to feel a little hard so maybe the comfort option will be required. I’ll give it a while and see. Fun, easy and nimble otherwise! The lighter rims are noticeable on these newer bonnies! They have also started shipping them with Michelin road classic tyres instead of the Perilli phantoms. Overall very happy :blush:

14 Likes

I can recommend the British Bikebits DS003 seat

Although it may be a different number for your water cooled. Smashing bike mate, one of my favourite colour schemes.

5 Likes