What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Great looking bike @Andyc1 and a real contrast to your 765 pocket rocket :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I agree - the colours are great on it.

4 Likes

Took the tiger for a final shake down run before my trip to Spain. All good, just the chain to lube before I leave.

7 Likes

As per @Wessa and his recent trip (followed with great interest thanks steve!), getting the bike sorted for northern france on Wednesday morning.
As steve will attest to, rain for next week so thats the jacket situation sorted!
Based in hornfleur and even though the weather is a bit pants, 9 mates and assorted tales over a pint in the evenings is going to be fun!
The humbling experience of the beaches and loss is extraordinary of course.

7 Likes

When do you start your trip?

Going to go to folkestone on Wednesday afternoon and tunnel for Thursday am (9 ish)
Back on Tuesday lunchtime.
Going to be nice (despite the forecast!)

3 Likes

Honfleur is beautiful and the seafood is amazing. Have a safe trip.

2 Likes

I arrive in France on Thursday as well, but down the coast from you in St Malo :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@HelmutVisor and I went to a local car / bike meet today, he on his Aprilia as it was Italian - themed. For a while, the focus has become cars, with bikes parked in a separate place out of the way which can be annoying when you’ve made the effort to go, but the place is under new management with the new manager interested in bikes, so hopefully that will revive the “bike” side of things. There are plans for bike nights next year which will be nice as there is nothing around here apart from this Sunday meet once per month. Helmut is on duty for work so I left him on our return home and went out for an additional 65 miles or so. Turns out we are the the only spot without stinking weather so I got cold and wet but still had a good time…the state of the bike when I got back couldn’t be ignored though, so I got changed and cleaned it (with Helmut’s volunteered assistance which was very nice indeed!!).

6 Likes

I started my preparation for my trip. Sorted out chain lube, engine oil, puncture repair kit, first aid kit, breathalyser kit, high viz jacket and various tools in a mini tool kit.
Sorted all ticket and hotel documentation along with the bike V5, insurance and green card and travel insurance certificate.
Tomorrow I will get the headlight deflector stickers. This will be the first time I will have used these when touring on the bike, but with brexit I’m not taking any chances with French and Spanish police. I got away with it on my brief trip to France, not taking any chances this time out.
I will start packing my pannier bags on Tuesday, ready for the off on Wednesday :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Personally, I’d preferred to use the pompey to caen crossing but i got voted down! Now its raining all of the way!
Enjoy your trip Steve and we look forward to seeing your pics and reports!
Also, don’t forget the reflective stickers on your helmet.
I just know that the rozzers will be looking for any excuse for the march off to the cashpoint…

5 Likes

Been getting better acquainted with the new steed. Turned into a beautiful afternoon for a run round the Glens of Antrim. I think I’ll look for a comfort seat, I can feel it after 100 miles. Stopping more would help but when I’m on my own which is almost always, I don’t tend to make many stops. The Bonnie definitely makes a nice photo :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

That bike looks right at home in the Glens @Andyc1 - very photogenic!

2 Likes

Quite relaxing ride but my awesome wee 765 did pop into my head on a few occasions, sitting all alone at home :joy:

Standby when you next ride it then - might have to cajole it to start if it’s sulking :rofl:.

I fitted a double USB socket to the Sprint today, which involved a nail biting moment when I drilled a 28mm hole in one of the fairing panels. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Thanks ditto enjoy your trip. Ride report to be created. Thanks for the tip on the reflective strip for my helmet, When did that become a requirement?

Looks like it was ment to be there :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

This is where i got the info from.

3 Likes

Thanks I will have a look through :+1:

Edit. Ordered some on Amazon, coming tomorrow :+1: Thanks.

2 Likes