What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Had a run up to Keswick with my mate to get his mileage up ready for first service on his Z900 RS.
Filling Station was very busy when we turned up, bikes everywhere :grin:
A fairly large group were having a photo taken then when they left all except one were on Triumphs. I guess it must have been a club run or something.

Came home over Shap in a convoy with five Porsches :grin:

3 Likes

As it’s cold and raining we did nothing with our Triumps today. Watched the F1 instead…

3 Likes

Pity about the rain. Never mind a day off is always welcome as it is beer o’clock even earlier :grinning:

3 Likes

Went for a few hours out this afternoon on the Street Triple in the sunshine, stayed clear of the popular biker routes and had a lovely time (bar the long section of deep freshly laid surface dressing on one road).

6 Likes

That’s part of one of our routes. We go to Clun regularly. And last time we found a nice restaurant that is part of a wine vineyard.

1 Like

I like the Postcard Cafe. What’s the restaurant called?

The one on our loop is the Kerry Vale Vineyard.

1 Like

Thank you.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Triumphs on tour

Great ride today after the bike’s first 600 mile service - 115miles over the Campsie Hills, through Doune to Comrie and St.Fillans. This bench was my lunch stop looking down Loch Earn.

Came back along the loch, down past Loch Lubnaig, along the Duke’s Pass and home. The Speed 400 is loosening up nicely, hit some decent speeds (within the national speed limit of course :wink:)

10 Likes

Your bike is looking very good. Be interesting on how the performance goes as you get more mileage on the bike.

3 Likes

Helmut and I have been away for a few days to the ABR this weekend; he took his Ducati and me the Street Triple. I know it’s not a dedicated adventure bike but it takes me on plenty of them, so I reckon it counts :laughing:.

7 Likes

It certainly does! :joy:

1 Like

Been nearly a couple of weeks since last ride so thought I’d pop out for a quick one before moving bike into ‘workshop’ and beginning some work. The day started grey and drizzly but I risked non-waterproof jeans and leather jacket when I set off around 10am. By noon the drizzly bits seemed to have stopped and it was warming up, so decided to extend ride.

By the time I got home it was 4pm, and sunny with fuel range reading 2 miles remaining. So rather than starting work on bike today I decided to rest my aching bones and open a beer. :smiley:

12 Likes

Today I replaced the front dashcam(era) on my Tiger. The dealer did a great job fitting it, but apparently the front camera got bu@@ered in the crash. The suppliers were great sending me a replacement at no cost, as it was still under warranty - they didn’t have to do that, so kudos to them.
Quite a job, as the right hand side fairings all had to come off. Anyway, all done and dusted now, and it all works. Happy!

8 Likes

That would stress me out no end :laughing:.

1 Like

Yes agreed with @MrsVisor, that does stress me out. Going to the ferry down south one trip I encounter a similar challenge. Eventually made the ferry and rode a couple miles in France to my digs with the range showing 11 miles.

2 Likes

The fuel warning light coming on is enough to have me looking for a petrol station!!

My business partner once complained to SAAB because he ran out of petrol on the motorway with 32 miles shown remaining. With a company account, there was really no reason to get so low!! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The fuel warning light being on really bugs me as well, so I pretty much refuel at the first opportunity when it happens, even though I know in reality there’s at least another 50 miles range available.

1 Like

years ago after having my BMW K100 RT we were riding through France in “le Massif central” on the A 75 motorway, and I found out after riding up hill and then down the gauge dropped to zero without notice…
Next station on the motorway was 20 km after… We ended on the motorway shoulder at 50 km/h. The station was in view fortunately downhill as the engine shuts down out of gas.
Divorce was not far… And since, every time we drive through that station 30 years after my wife still put shame on me …

3 Likes