What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Me neither. One of the friends I’m travelling with has a last minute job interview to attend and he’ll be his ‘usual last minute self’, i.e. meeting us to board ferry much later that the other two of us would want. He’s also just been asking all our details to check in to ferry as he booked tickets. Good job I’m on my 3rd beer otherwise I’d be stressed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Breath.
Chill.
Enjoy the moment(s).
You’ll soon be feeling a touring pro. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Always a good idea to take a test ride after a rebuild the size you’ve just done, respect. :+1:

I’ll start a confessions thread sometime to explain how I know this. :laughing:

Enjoy, and safe travels. :clap:

5 Likes

Sounds intriguing!!!

1 Like

I rode 40 miles back from dealers after they programmed the ECU, and let the engine see the whole rev range. :smiley:

Edit: I should add that I first rode around the carpark. Then had 10 minutes ride through an urban area at slow speed before hitting the country lanes.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed on the weather for you :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Not my Triumph…but nice to see a slightly more interesting colour become available for the Street Triple R.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 19.14.15

2 Likes

Ooh, me likey!

2 Likes

Had a run through Sedbergh up to the Tan Hill Inn then back through Kirkby Stephen and Kendal.
A tad chilly up on the tops but a thoroughly enjoyable ride out.
Many great unwashed in the area due to Appleby horse fair :rage:
IMG_20240531_104342622

IMG_20240531_101923798

IMG_20240531_101904542
IMG-20240531-WA0001

10 Likes

Rode over to Bolton-le-Sands last Thursday via Hawes, Sedbergh and Kirkby Lonsdale (Ribblehead road being resurfaced). Lots of them camping at various points, the green at Bainbridge, and at Devil’s Bridge.

Plenty on the move and all horse drawn wagons, throw in caravans and motorhomes and you can imagine the queue!

3 Likes

Each to their own and all that, but they contribute nothing except cost and grief wherever they pitch up!

Apparently they broke down the fence at the school in Sedbergh so they could graze the horses (so the school has to pay to replace it) and also pinched the batteries out of the temporary traffic lights!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dave Day reports

This afternoon I took the Sprint on an unplanned trip to Matlock Bath. Because someone else who went there lost her bike key… :grin:

I really like the Sprint. Every time I take it out I remember how much I enjoy the smooth handling.

6 Likes

I did think that after my Europe trip I wouldn’t be doing anything with my Triumph for a week or so but today was the only forecast dry day for a while and I couldn’t resist a few hours in neighbouring counties. It was also a good opportunity to pass by my dad’s to recount the tale of my foreign adventure.

My brain still isn’t convinced that riding on the left is right :confused:

9 Likes

Yep, that changing over will do your head in! :joy:

2 Likes

Weather was mixed but fun day out

10 Likes

It was my last rest day before I go back to work tomorrow so I did just shy of 100 miles around some local roads. Went up to Clee Hill and then through Tenbury (nice twisty descent from Clee Hill) then had a look at the area around Shelsley Walsh, Great Witley and then home. Was going to stay out a bit longer but I’d misjudged the temperature and got really cold :grimacing: :laughing:.

3 Likes

Not exactly the Alps but I’m on two wheels and it’s sunny, so that’s at least half way there in my books :smiley:

Tomorrow I may upgrade my wanderlust to a day in the Peak District, though the weather people seem to have cancelled the promised sunshine and replaced it with clouds, meanies.

7 Likes

If you’re anywhere near me in the Peaks tomorrow I am available for tea and cake. :grin:

1 Like

I checked bike over as it’s MOT is due in a few weeks and in the process found where that mysterious intermittent squeak is coming from that I’ve been ignoring for a few months. No, it’s not rodent visitors, it’s the steering-head bearings :frowning:

Bearings aren’t loose, and only a little bit notchy but they’ve done 60,000 miles so going to order new bearings and dust seals so I have them ready to replace after getting back from my and Mrs Mouse annual UK camping holiday.

4 Likes