What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Thanks Steve.

I can thoroughly recommend the TBS so if you get the chance, go for it! I was surprised by how well and how easily it delivers the 82 hp., and the smaller wheel size (compared to the ‘standard’ T’bird) does make the handling seem ‘quicker’.

I have to admit that I REALLY don’t like wet weather riding even though I KNOW that modern tyres are so much better in the wet than they have ever been. I think there are, for me, two serious psychological hurdles to overcome in wet weather riding - the first is knowing that I’d really struggle to “save” a slide on something as big and heavy as my T300s (I’m a real short@rsed and aged auld fella and so I seem to get frequent mental images of the bike sliding away from me almost as soon as I get a lean on it! I know, stoopid, but it’s difficult to zone that out.

The second major hurdle is that I tend to be paranoid - almost obsessed - about the bikes getting wet and dirty and I lose concentration on my riding and, as you clearly know, the advanced is all about 100%, ten tenths concentration. I think if I had a ‘hack’ bike I’d be a whole lot more comfortable with what I’m doing!!

1 Like

Fitted new front wheel bearings today and went for a test ride :slight_smile: Unfortunately the noise I hoped to fix was still there :frowning: So did what I should have done originally and found a hill on a quiet country lane and freewheeled down with engine off and no helmet so I could hear. Dominant noise was a loud rattle from drive-chain sprocket.

When I got home I had bike on paddock stand to spin the wheel and chain was very rattly from both sprockets and there was a humming noise from middle of chain run. I reckon when riding I’m hearing the humming noise and helmet with earplugs blocking the rattling part of the noise.

To make sure there was nothing amiss, I had front sprocket cover off and wiggled the sprocket, just in case I hadn’t torqued it up properly when changing it. Sprocket was rock solid, so I guess I’ll just have to try and ignore the noise when riding.

1 Like

Tinnitus is your friend :+1:

You also get the 6 speed box and more importantly the twin discs up front.

Riding in the wet does take some getting used to but I was always more concerned at the state of the bike, especially with the T100 I had and now with the Guzzi - no one wants to clean spoked wheels!

2 Likes

5 speed box rebuild, 45 years old and not a mark…beaut

14 Likes

That’d make a better photo for the Workshop category…

1 Like

Nice shiny new sprocket and chain and a new Pirelli Sport Demon on my Bonnie. I’m sure it’s just phycological but it all feels much tighter and crisper to ride.

10 Likes

Did a hundred miles today on the Speed, to get access to the nearest Asian food store, these shops are fantastic cheap and so many ingredients you never see anywhere else. I would love to say I bought many exotic things ( next time) but the reason I went was

got 6 packets, to see me through the winter.

Bit boring really but lots cheaper and easier to fínd than in the superstores.

8 Likes

Forgot to mention. When I got to the shop I pulled off my gloves and discovered, I was wearing one RST and one Alpinestar, oh well.

At least they weren’t both left…. Were they??? :thinking:

Great minds, you beat me to it. :laughing:

No mate, that would be stupid.

Why do you think they asked? :joy:

1 Like

Opposable thumbs - who needs them. :laughing:

1 Like

Since you ask… Cos one was left and the other wasn’t right…simples. :smiley: :innocent:

I’m pleased it went well and it would be interesting to hear how you progress @AdieP.

1 Like

Well, you’re never alone with it, that’s for sure :grimacing:.

Lovely misty ride to work this morning, one of those good to be alive and on two wheels mornings…aaahhh :sunrise_over_mountains:

6 Likes

Brilliant autumn day for ride on the Thruxton with a mate on his new Speed Twin. Stopped in Audlem for a quick photo before heading to Ma Bakers for a coffee. Lovely day for a ride.

12 Likes

Solo trip to Aberdyfi today (Helmut is working), through some of Snowdonia National Park; I fancied seeing the sea. We’re landlocked so it was about 220 miles ridden - beautiful weather, great roads and beautiful scenery too; a superb day out :+1:. It wasn’t raining but clearly had been as the roads were pretty wet with water running across them in places so my bike is FILTHY :grimacing:.

I don’t have many photos as I stopped briefly on the way there for a quick leg stretch and once on the way back for a quick coffee but it was a stunning ride in the main.

15 Likes