What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Afternoon run down to Sennen.

And back on the B3306, brilliant road and scenery, but can’t do both at the same time.

14 Likes

Another one ready for the road. :sunglasses:

19 Likes

Cleaning it…my beautiful bike perfectly executed it’s party trick of throwing all of the standing water / general crap up and over the back of itself and the rider during our lovely day out yesterday :grimacing:.

6 Likes

Today I did my favourite 200+ mile jaunt to the east coast, it was a perfect Autumn day, blue skies, leaves turning a golden colour but not yet falling and making road slippy :slight_smile:

At start of journey had engine cut out at 70 on dual carriageway :scream: Fortunately not much traffic and had space to pull left and time to coast and de-confuse myself. After about 10 seconds thought to hit starter and engine fired into life, was fine for rest of day. Can only think that ECU thought the kill switch had been hit. (Perhaps I knocked it somehow?)

Edit: Thinking about things, in past, I’ve pulled clutch and killed engine before when moving (to listen for mysterious sounds) and the engine has fired into life just by releasing clutch. That didn’t happen today, so it couldn’t have just been a glitch that caused ECU to think kill switch or sidestand was operated.

8 Likes

They’re not getting any lighter, and it’s in…phew…

15 Likes

I hope you have apprenticed your knowledge!

4 Likes

It’s a nice two way relationship with the youngsters round here. They wouldn’t want to get off their electric scooters :kick_scooter: and I wouldn’t want them inside my garage. :no_entry:
I do, however, keep a little hardbacked diary :memo: for each bike rebuild and loads of photos.:camera_flash: Saves me trying to remember and gives any new owners the honest history of what’s been done. :+1:
Nice use of symbols throughout this responce I think.
Right, get my overalls on. Remember Wesley Pegden of Last of the Summer Wine? Yep, that’s me, but without the stupid Northern hat :tophat: Laters…

9 Likes

I would love to just sit and watch a craftsman at work. Thank you for sharing your expertise.

6 Likes

A sunny but still sad day. Today I collected my bike at my trusted service shop, did the 45 min ride on nice country roads back home, gave it a good cleaning and laid it up for the winter. It was +3C this morning. >Sigh<
Now I hope for a good and proper Nordic winter with lots of XC skiing until I can take the Tbird out of hibernation in April.

13 Likes

You missed a bit!

:wink::rofl:

Nice looking bike!

2 Likes

oh is it a Volvo 240 behind?
Just gave my 240 TURBO 1983 to a young mechanic couple. Volvo enthusiasts.

Well spotted. My pride and joy. I’ve been looking after it since it was bought new by my parents 35 years ago and owned it for the last 20.

9 Likes

18000 miles service for the Tiger today.
Booked in for 9.00am so left at 7.45 to allow for York’s traffic.

A bit nippy on the A19 for jeans and a base layer, at 2.5c but thankfully it warmed up later. :sunglasses:

Tried Strawberry Fields cafe but it’s still closed until further notice (i think they had a burst water pipe).

Onto Seaways for breakfast on the loaned T120.

Plenty of bikes turned up after me, including these two.

Back home via Helmsley for a cake stop.

13 Likes

What a shame , they should never, ever ,ever try to improve a CBX 1000.
6 into 6 pipe is allowed but the other mods are a NO from me.

1 Like

Yesterday I took the T509 for her MOT. Went to a different garage than my usual because he was touting for business, saying the bike was running rich (he serviced it a few months ago and anyway the emissions don’t seem rich to my nose) and he put an advisory that the exhaust was loose and had a slight leak. He had obviously forgotten that he had serviced it because he said it needed a full service too, at 400 quid. The new garage I took it too passed it with no advisories and I havent touched anything. Anyways all good for another 12 months and i wont be returning to the old place.

11 Likes

We’ve had some lovely riding weather this week but for whatever reason I didn’t get the trophy out for a run. So, last night I decided it’s going out this morning, checked the weather radar, looked like I could skirt the drizzle. Ha, was I wrong, started drizzling as I left my house, started raining just after I left the petrol station… hohum. Still, it showed the benefit of a large fairing as I only had jeans on the legs and they stayed dry. I stayed out long enough that the rain stopped and the roads dried, so at least some fun was had around the backroads. I also feel smug because I used a petrol prices website to check prices before heading out, found one at 155.9p, returning back past my local garage and it was at 162.9p. Shame I only needed 14 liters…

7 Likes

Seems to be creeping back up again, if i find a cheap garage I stick a 10 litre can in my topbox too.

I only ever put a tenner in, so I am not affected by price changes.

Mate and I rode down to Lancaster then over to Devils Bridge (forgive me) for a brew and a very good sausage and egg bap.

Then up towards Sedburgh, through Kendal to Ambleside, Coniston then home as he needed to get back. About 100 miles on roads very similar to the ones @DCS222 described in his trip to Keswick. Just as we got a bit of a wriggle on wet leaves and gravel would appear :scream:No real drama and a very enjoyable Sunday morning :grinning::+1:

11 Likes

Had a very pleasant morning taking in the beautiful scenery this time of year.

11 Likes