What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

I would like it if you could give a review of the Speedmaster… loves and hates etc. A lot of the on-line ones I’ve seen are just fawning POSs.

How about a pinned ‘buying used’ thread for each model that has the collected experiences of owners? One of the powerful things about forums is that you can speak to the people who actually own, or have owned, the bikes.

2 Likes

You could Wiki them

Could do, yes. I’ll play around with that idea later.

Not sure I’d think to look at something of that title for repair and maintenance related things.

I fink some kind of “How To” section would be useful.

2 Likes

On the maintenance/faults question, info can quite often be relevant across multiple models, e.g. anything 1050 triple related could be relevant to Sprint ST, Tiger, Speed Triple (have I missed any? :slightly_smiling_face:). So a common area might be easier to search.

As per @BrownMouse 's fan troubles, wouldn’t be so obvious to find if hidden in a specific bike section.
Valid fault for any bike, regardless of make, as per @Col_C suggestion.

1 Like

Yes, they’d be different things.

Again, do you think that would be better in a separate area for maintenence, projects etc, or put under each model that’s easy to find? Right now I’m erring towards a separate section (which we already have) and using tags to help people filter on the bike they’re interested in.

1 Like

Excellent point, and with tags that’s easy to manage.

A separate section ( How to ) which covers all bikes.
If we had a separate section for “makes”, which we don’t, then you would need a separate “how to” section under each make.

2 Likes

I’ve done nothing today because I ordered new fan relay on Monday from Fowlers for next day delivery and when I rang up today (Wednesday) to ask why it didn’t seem to have dispatched yet, they said their stock picking robot had broken down and they were waiting for it to be fixed. The were told on Tuesday it would be fixed that day, but it wasn’t and were told the same for Wednesday but guy didn’t seem to want to commit to when I might see my parts. If it isn’t dispatched today I will order from elsewhere to reduce chances of too long a wait. Wemot have dispatched chain and sprockets, so will have something to do tomorrow at least :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Gearbox build

Bought a new tool to help with the gearbox indexing. Didn’t help much, still did it the old way, but it held the quadrant up.

8 Likes

Having an ‘oh shit’ moment when comparing old relay to new one which arrived today…

So there’s a pin broken of inside inaccessible socket. (Will save details for when new fixing thread gets created).

Needless to say, didn’t make much progress with fixing but as new chain and sprockets arrived today, fitted those (left chain off for now, which may help with other problems).

Haven’t looked at old chain, but old front sprocket a bit worse for wear…

6 Likes

Nipped out purely for some petrol but you know how it is!

5 Likes

Had to order a few bits I’d forgotten, a couple of 10 and 30 thou shims for the crank and a primary gasket, bummer. And it’s always on a Friday so they’ll only get posted on Monday now. It’ll be this one for the weekend then.
(Should we be having a vintage bit or would this go in with the Tigers - although not really a Tiger as it’s a T120V with a Tiger’s head.)

7 Likes

Who cares where it goes, that would make a fantastic poster :grinning:

Another day trying to fix bike. I decided to try and go in through the other side, being as I had already removed some things there doing sprocket change. After quite a few hours… Bingo!

That’s the relay holder in an accessible position. Will need to get connector out of block to fish out broken pin, but that will have to wait until tomorrow as my back killing me from crouching over bike all day.

8 Likes

Well done that man. Your persistence is amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes