What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Thanks :slight_smile: It’s a case as I need to ride motorcycle to stay sane and happy, therefore it needs fixing.

3 Likes

Another tasty photo. :+1:
Folks with more than their fair share of talent really piss me off. :wink:

1 Like

Poking a pin/needle in the right place will release a retaining tab and then the spade connector will pull out the back - but you probably already know that. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks, I did know that from Googling yesterday :slight_smile: These seem to have a platsic retaining clip around the base, which may be belt’n’braces type of thing rather than the only retention mechanism. Will find out tomorrow, it’s beer o’clock now here :smiley:

3 Likes

Poodled off to Warmley on the Black One and was followed overhead by the only raincloud in the sky. :neutral_face:

Lots of luvly custom machinery there

Even a nice bloke who got his Slingshot out of his trailer and started it up for us. Good man - I must get off to the Pod again sometime :sunglasses:

This would need a bigger garage, otherwise I would have bought it. Just brilliant :slightly_smiling_face:

Over…thankyou, welcome… :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Can’t beat a nice clean model B. :+1:
Used to go to Santa Pod regularly in my younger days (pardon, sorry can’t hear you :wink:)
Sadly a bit of a trek from where I live now.

2 Likes

@HelmutVisor and I just went on a short trip to a local car / bike meet on our Triumphs - quite a few people there we knew, all very social, came home again :+1:. I got the usual question about being pillion a few times :grimacing:.

5 Likes

I found you a t-shirt to fend off the narrow minded blokes out there :wink:

3 Likes

I have had a great trip today. I’m on a mercy run to take my mother-in-law to the eye hospital in Newcastle tomorrow. Started off from home in Cheshire this morning on the Tiger and met @AndyPandy at his place in Shaw. He took me to a lovely cafe for breakfast.
Then set off and headed to @Dilligaf (Graham place) in Washington for a chat and a coffee, a brilliant catch up. From there I headed into Newcastle for my brother-in-laws, my final stop for the day… we then headed to the pub for some food and beer, lovely. :grinning:

8 Likes

When testing the electricals after my marathon radiator fan fixing effort I discovered the number plate light didn’t work, so today I unscrewed the mounting for the rear light unit to test it and found that indeed the plate light didn’t work. I then disassembled everything to get the unit apart.

The indicator lenses have had mud in them for ages, which has been bugging me, so I thought before ordering new plate light I’d try and clean them, the idea being that if I broke anything I could add it to my order. Sure enough, when the lenses didn’t seem to want to twist off I tried prising them and they popped off easily - but with the cracking noise of breaking plastic. At first I thought they were glued in (as they are referred to as ‘sealed units’) but on closer inspection they are attached by bayonet fitting like tabs. The lenses are available as a separate item part so were added to the order.

4 Likes

How’s it hanging with Graham these days? :slightly_smiling_face:

Work and back for me today, nice few hours on the bike in this weather and all good experience :+1:

4 Likes

Yep really well. He is enjoying his trike and still enjoying a drinkie Friday. :grinning:

5 Likes

Do you think @Wessa Dilli might join this forum ??

There was an indecent threat (beyond the level of offence imho) made to Dilli, due to a comedic remark. In retrospect, I would like to think that the issuer of this threat would retract the aggression, but as much in this modern society… the “offended party” will probably remain sour and push away otherwise likeminded fellows!

I would welcome the JD soaked one with open arms.

3 Likes

No he said to me that he is done with forums. He is quite happy doing his rallies and rides out on his trike with his mates, who have also bought trikes :grinning:
I did suggest getting together with old friends off of the forum, which he said he was up for. Yep I will look at some dates and then canvass for who will want to come.

6 Likes

Sound Steve, l’d be interested. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Today I’ve been dismantling bike even more. Fork yokes this time, ready for an attempt at bearing replacement tomorrow. (Still got to buy some threaded and unthreaded bar for that, to use as puller and drift).

4 Likes

Supply of spares requires me to sit on arse wondering what to do. So I pointed the camera at what I was sitting next to.

6 Likes

Just the commute for me today. Meanwhile @HelmutVisor found a headless picture of me on a Nosy Book page at the bike meet on Sunday in amongst a collection of “arty” photographs.

4 Likes