What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

The picture of the helmet, a George Harrison in the Facebook group Uk Bikers Cafe group posted the exact same picture. :roll_eyes:

I did indeed, I haven’t been nicking people’s photos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

Just beware the huge sinkholes in the car park if the hardstanding is already occupied by bikes - shredded my newbie nerves with clutch control climbing out of one on one of my very first rides out after passing my test :rofl: :rofl:.

1 Like

I have just dropped my Street Triple off at the local bike shop tonight as the owner was going to be there (the shop whose lovely owners lent me the 125 a couple of years ago) for the new tyres to be fitted tomorrow. I am on lates at work and can’t get it tomorrow, so will work from home Tuesday so I can go and collect it :+1:.

7 Likes

I was out on the trophy again mid morning to run the petrol/forte through the carbs. It stumbled a bit when cold, but was fine when heated up. So I’m coming to the conclusion that the jets have been partially blocked by muck from the cheaper fuel I used last year (well petrol prices were sky high so I avoided supreme+ all year :roll_eyes:). Hoping it just keeps improving.
While out I passed a windmill that I have passed for over 2 decades and never knew that it worked, but today the sails were turning. I decided to come back past it later an take some video with the bike in front, pah, bloody thing wasn’t running when I past it. So I took a scenic photo with it and the church.

13 Likes

A mid afternoon run down to Sennen (just for a change :smile:)

Then an early evening run back via the B3306, great scenery and the tight and twisty road keeps you busy, especially when you’ve managed to catch it traffic free :wink: when everyone’s home for tea. :+1:

13 Likes

A quick run over to @Tigcraft ’s for him to assess the crack in the Street Triple’s exhaust. Need fixing but it’s not in imminent danger of coming apart. Good news for @Motopulcino who wants to take it to the Isle of Man later this month.

7 Likes

Up to BSB at Donington.
Went up with a friend who has a 1200V4 Streetfighter.
Nice bike but thirsty…
We arrived at the meet point , The Super Sausage on brimmed tanks. When we filled up around 95 miles later, my Speed Triple took £10.35 to fill it. His cost £14.91. I blamed all of this ugly wing things on his bike…!
Total of about 210 miles today. Not done that many for quite a while. Fast A roads and smaller back roads to get home. Knackered now…

13 Likes

Was it easy to find your bikes again, when you got back?

I’ve been busy the last few days, but have been looking forward to a nice long run on the bike today, with a good weather forecast. I got about 30 miles from home, but was then struck down by a migraine (the aura type, where you can’t see properly or speak coherently, not the splitting headache type). I get them once every two or three months, but this was only the second time it’s happened when out on the bike. B****rd! So I had to sit for an hour or so until I could see properly again, but felt pretty crap so headed for home again. What an anticlimax.
Anyway, by the time I got past Dumfries I was feeling quite a bit better, so I came home the longer way by the Old Military Road to Haugh of Urr and then down the Urr Valley. The Military Road runs parallel to the A75 between Dumfries and Castle Douglas, and is pleasantly swoopy and bendy, with very little traffic, and is quite scenic. Worth a try if you’re ever in the area. So the day wasn’t entirely wasted after all.

14 Likes

That’s gotta be awful, being ambushed like that. Glad you’re feeling better!

3 Likes

Bad luck mate, but sounds like you managed to get a decent ride in the end.

2 Likes

Beautiful scenery, what shame the headache spoilt it for a while.
Great photo.!

2 Likes

Bummer, good to hear it didn’t completely ruin the ride. I wish they’d just stick to boring wet winter nights at home rather than cropping up on such beautiful days.

@Dave49 I am pleased you at least managed to get a nice ride in. I have experienced an ocular migraine once; I was terrified by my sight going having never suffered from any type of migraine or visual disturbance before, wasn’t sure what on earth was happening initially. I was relieved that I was at home alone to just wait it out but it was not good at all. Must have been horrible getting it whilst out and about on the bike!!

1 Like

Yes, it was scary the first time I experienced it many years ago. As I said, I get it every two or three months, sometimes over in half an hour, sometimes worse. The weird thing is not being able to speak coherently when I get a bad one. Fortunately it comes on progressively, so there’s enough time to stop somewhere safe and sit it out.

2 Likes

I keep believing/hoping that they could just disappear one day and never come back because my Sister also used to suffer them and like you started speaking incoherently, but hasn’t suffered them for many years. So there is hope!

4 Likes

I hoped they would just go away and not return about 35 years ago. Nope, had another one a fortnight ago… I feel less alone now I know there are others here…

4 Likes

It’s not just about the motorcycles.

6 Likes

I’ll add my voice to the chorus. I had my first when I was a teenager - impaired vision, slurred speech, inability to read or even understand speech plus two completely numb fingers! I had no idea what was happening, I thought I was having a brain haemorrhage or something - genuinely scary. I would then get them very regularly as a teenager but gradually seemed to grow out of it. I still get them from time to time (once per year max) and they are far more mild now.

The thought of one occurring while on the bike is a bit of a nightmare! Glad it all turned out okay for you :+1:

4 Likes