Better brakes

1 Like

Definitely prefer it without the rack

:smiley:

7 Likes

I really like that Steve. Nice one.

2 Likes

I absolutely love it Nikki.
They have a lot of character and are lovely to ride.
Gear changes need doing properly and overtakes planned with a bit more care but I’ve nearly put a thousand miles on it in 16 days!

5 Likes

I always fancied a Guzzi but so far haven’t bitten the bullet.
Sounds like you’re enjoying it. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Always been on my radar - I wonder if the new versions of this bike, with more powerful engines have lost some of the character.

What is the power output of your bike Steve?

1 Like

A full 48 bhp mate :smiley:

1 Like

That is a whole 1 bph more than the RE Interceptor that I had. And yes they are definitely a fun ride, but those overtakes do need planning :slightly_smiling_face:

Hang on there - had? What have you, are you going to replace it with?

Sold a couple of months ago. Once I had converted the Thruxton from clip on’s to flat bars I figured I would not ride the Interceptor again, so it had to go. Not replaced it, just keeping with the tiger and Thruxton :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes I forgot about that - bit like me and thr Rninet Racer.
Still room for one more though - you know it makes sense!

1 Like

The saying ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’ meant I did and didn’t notice your thread @stevelovatt when you posted the words in the title ‘Yamaha’ and ‘service’ :roll_eyes:
Anyway….
Can’t believe you’ve just bought a Guzzi V7 :scream::scream:!! That was my first contender when buying the bonneville many years ago now. It was only the fact the Sandra my wife said I’ll buy you a leather ‘Barbour’ style Triumph jacket that swung the deal towards the triumph other than that I would have had a MK1 like yours in your colour too!
In fact a year ago this month I test rode the new V7 850 so I could cross it off my list before my 9T as I knew I always fancied one but I also knew it wasn’t in the same league as the 9T. It was like the last shag with someone else the day before your wedding :sweat_smile::smiley::joy:
Just to let you know there’s a Guzzi spares place in the next village where I am called GUZZIBITS

4 Likes

Ah yes, the misleading thread title - remember “unexpected Bonneville in the bagging area”?

Well it would have been a good choice, less lardy than a bonnie and better tank range 175 miles before warning light comes on.

2008 models only came in white, actually a pearlescent finish, so no colour choice there!

Yeah, wouldn’t work as my only bike but a nice contrast with more powerful machines. Unless I’m doing motorway miles it’s my first choice though.

Gutsibits have already been bookmarked :grinning:

1 Like

Which is very close to the ‘Oil can cafe’ in Holmfirth!!

1 Like

Which is very close to me!

1 Like

In fact Saul I’m not sure who’s the closest?

It’s 2.8 miles away from me. I can walk it from here.

2 Likes

Helpful if you have a vintage Guzzi :grin::grin::wink:

(Runs for cover)

2 Likes