Today I have mostly been

Your Knox jacket is a bit more stylish than that lady’s attire!:joy:
Did you both enjoy the museum?

2 Likes

Absolutely; she looks far classier than I could ever hope to at present. Not sure how protective the tights are though…

2 Likes

It was great. Found the model of bike that I am pretty sure my Grandad is riding in this photo too which is nice:

6 Likes

Did a bit of colouring in. Hmmm, maybe should’ve taken a bit longer but removed the creases

9 Likes

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Best snow they’ve had when I’ve been there for a long time. Place was busy today as all the Italians came out to play as well as us tourists which is fair enough, but if you knew which runs to pick that are out of the way they were nice and quiet

3 Likes

Fancy having a go at my Mrs?

Textiles are measured in denier…those stockings could survive a direct hit from a German trench mortar.

As could my Grandad’s socks I reckon!!

Think it might be this, or certainly very close. He did work for AJS in Wolverhampton as a development engineer / test rider.

4 Likes

1 Like

Don’t suppose your skills and software would extend to working out the reg of the bike mate…been trying but can’t quite work it out :man_shrugging:

Looking closely at the engine in both photos, it looks as if your grandad’s bike is a side-valve, while the museum bike is an ohv. The cycle parts look identical.

2 Likes

Thank you; not quite there yet then!

Possibly this one then @Dave49?

Adjusted but not that clear. Looks hand painted

UV 1289 ?

1 Like

Looks like it. I see that this one has unusual vertical finning on the cylinder head. I can’t make out whether grandad’s bike’s fins are vertical or not. Perhaps a bit of computer enhancement could clarify this?

3 Likes

Vertical fins clarified

3 Likes

The unfortunate thing is just like pre war cars these loverly bikes are likely to become museum pieces and never ridden on the roads as the people that rode them in the real world pass on to the next. If you watch Bangers and Cash it’s quite depressing in a way.

3 Likes

They were more of an offensive weapon