Today I have mostly been

Today, I arve been stood gobsmacked (and gob-shut) watching little birdies…
(Best seen on a big screen)

9 Likes

Awesome DCS! Did you count them? :grinning:

2 Likes

42 ish… I run out of fingers after that :thinking:

1 Like

You have 42 fingers? Must make getting gloves to fit a bit difficult…

1 Like

I always keep a few spare in my pockets

2 Likes

Doesn’t the chocolate melt?

1 Like

Been replacing the soffit board on the gable end of my daughters Victorian semi. Luckily it’s on the single story extension rather than the main house! They (her and her soon to be hubby) decided they didn’t want to live on an estate like normal people so bought this semi instead. It was done up in the early 2000s and doesn’t look like anything has been done to it since so there’s “lots to do” but it’ll be very nice when it’s finished :rofl: I’m no builder but the way some things have been done, mostly on the cheap are difficult to understand. The soffit board was nailed to the ends of the joists that support the roof, nothing wrong with that but they then put some form of fibre board, a bit like modern asbestos on top of the bricks, then filled the gap between it and the slates with mortar then nailed a batton to the end of the roof batterns thatcwere flush with the end of the tiles. The problem was the fibre board overhung the brickwork so was unsupported and couldn’t bear the weight of the mortar, the wooden battern that was nailed to the end of the batterns which were flush with the end of the tiles rotted and it all went south. Anyhooo now it’s been bodged properly so will last longer than me so I won’t have to do it again… next up the outside needs painting as the masonary paint is knackered and the garden needs finishing. Kids…

7 Likes

I had the same with my dad after mom died, at least you know she’s safe and being looked after. My MIL is in that twilight zone where she’s approaching the stage when she’ll need to go into one too. It’s a side effect of people living a lot longer than they used to 40 years ago when you were lucky to last until your early 70’s.

1 Like

Have recently been “enjoying” a similar experience, some people’s ideas of maintenence just astound me.

1 Like

agree. Was a great game despite France didn’t won :grinning:

2 Likes

Work for me today of course…but the increased daylight is making me happy!

7 Likes

Saw our first daffodil coming into flower today, beside our access track. They always make me feel cheerful. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Agreed; we have lots of cheerful crocuses and primroses in our garden too and healthy fruit buds on the apple trees…great for the mood.

4 Likes

Oh, the dust, the mayhem…why does the house fall apart over winter? Bloody DIY…when I could be in the workshop.
I do get out for a bit each day and went up the shiney shop, just looking around, for inspiration etc. I really dislike the new HD engines but saw this

doesn’t belong to the shop but helped to settle the thoughts on projects for the future.
I’ve been thinking about customising a Honda 1300R and found the latest pictures on the 2024 model

I thought the picture was too much like a Ducati with wings and sure enough the shiney shop had one with exactly the same radiator/belly pan so the picture is a load of poo. But I was thinking about doing a 5four sort of custom. Meh…nope, this…this is what I’m gonna do

I’m gonna buy an old rebuilt BSA, a B33 500 single or similar and lever the engine out. Sort out a frame jig and build a rigid on modern wheels and brakes to suit the engine.
Just gotta finish the two projects awaiting in the workshop, sell them along with the others and I can start. :slightly_smiling_face: Good, thought I was getting bored…thank you, welcome…over…

14 Likes

In my garden today.

I think it must now be Spring. My grass certainly thinks so.

7 Likes

Then rebuild the engine again.

2 Likes

Two tap washers in downstairs bathroom, headlight and sidelight bulbs in the Duster, paid cheque in bank and still managed 75 mile spin.

6 Likes

5/Four? excuse my ignorance.

2 Likes

What I love about old photos like that, is the smiles of the rider… no sullen “tough guy” shit… But a genuine grin of mischievous fun… This is my granddad with another mad grin…

13 Likes

https://www.5fourmotorcycles.com/

I think the link works. He’s the one (Skid) who helped design those Gladstone bobbers. He does bodywork changes to Honda 1300Rs.

4 Likes