Today I have mostly been

Mine is too after Sunday’s ride… :rage: a good high pressure cleaning session on the cards… :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Not sure that lovely mint condition elder bike of mine has seen much rain. At least it’s being ridden and enjoyed :partying_face:.

1 Like

Which is exactly what they’re for!

1 Like

I couldn’t get past ‘I got up and out at 0450hrs to do my phys before work’. In the days when I had to go to w*rk, I struggled to get up at 7, let alone take any exercise at that time. :grimacing:

Only time I get up at that time is either to go on holiday or because I need the loo…

Your just an old git :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It should be You’re just an old git… and you forgot to include miserable :wink:

Hunged it on the wall to go rusty

Raider Nation…

6 Likes

Handy for rhe scrum at the ‘Reduced’ shelves at Tescos.

A post was split to a new topic: Derbyshire in the sun

From a biking perspective, ordering chain cleaner. That’s it. Not even a chance to get out in the sun today. :cry:

1 Like

Sunset batting

10 Likes

Red kite perhaps?

Yes.correct.
Closest I got to a birdie all day… :rofl:

When I was a kid we used to make our own kites out of old plastic macs and garden canes. Don’t ever remember anyone having a red one though. They were usually either black or flowery depending on whether it was their dads or mums mac.

Luxury, we never had plastic macs, we never had a coat. Best we had was an old hessian sack we found ont side of road, but that didn’t fly very well though we were fit and slept well int shoebox ont side of 't road after all that running trying to get it to fly.

We used to soak our hessian sacks int cement so the wind couldnt blow through. And when you tell kids that today, they dont believe you.

1 Like

Hessian sack? We used to dream of a hessian sack😕

So after a prity shoite week so far I treated myself today. First stop was to get fitted for a new big bat…and the said HOWWWWW MUUUUUUUCH, then off out on the Tractor for the afternoon

3 Likes

I haven’t been out for ages, but this lovely weather was sooo tempting! I got home from work and had to go to a school thing for one of the kids, then cook and eat tea… But I had a grand idea for a photo. So I get out as the westing sun settled down for the night… But the handling was a bit off… I wondered (casually) if the bike was playing with the tramlines in the road surface as a bit of sulk for lack of riding… by Greenodd (the tramline Mecca) it were obvious there was significant handling issues and I’d already spent (in my head) tomorrows lottery win on custom suspension fettling… I figured, the old girl is probably over due a treat. I cautiously get to the photo spot and do the deeds (not too shabby but you can be the judge of that) At this point, my normal pre-ride ritual, which has been abandoned in my rush to get out, taps me on the shoulder and tells me I’m a knobhead! I squeeze the rear tire, but its shape already indicates it’s soft (not totally flat though). Up on the center stand and phone torch on max… not any obvious Nergs. So I make the decision to set off gently and I limp to Coniston service Station a few miles away :grimacing::grimacing:
50p’s worth of air later and a gentle ride home :sweat_smile:
So first thing tomorrow, I’m off to see the Spencer brothers to get them to stick a road 6 on it! Hope they’re worth the hype!
Moral of the story - never be in such a rush that you don’t do your basic checks!!! Could have been nasty

16 Likes