Today I have mostly been

Today I have mostly been doing nothing after somehow managing to do my back in by turning in my seat :frowning: so have been taking it easy and hoping things clear up quickly. Though tomorrow I’ve got to drive through rush-hour traffic for a 8:30 dentist appointment to get a broken tooth seen too :frowning: Anyone know where I can get a body with less mileage on it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably brought on by bending down to put your trouser devices on (see above) :wink::blush:

Nobody with a lower-mileage one is likely to want to swap…

FTFY…:wink:

I commuted on the 'Blade today. Was having a fabulous ride on the way there having got past the little traffic there was on dry roads with sweeping bends. I had checked the forecast for home and work and there was 10% chance of rain during the night tonight, nothing for the day :+1:. Then I got to about halfway and a very large hill and noticed that the cars coming towards me were just switching off their wipers. I wasn’t too bothered as it’s often a bit damp and drizzly at the top of the hill and OK again the other side…however I got to the top of the hill where it was indeed raining, had a good look at the skies in front of me…which looked blacker and blacker the further in the direction of work they were. So the second half of my journey was completed in torrential rain, which stopped pretty much the instant I switched off the engine when I got to work. Nothing I was wearing was waterproof so I was soaked to the skin :person_facepalming:.

Nice ride back, even if it was in still - damp kit.

I swear the Blade does some sort of rain dance, I have only had the odd completely dry trip on it so far :rofl:.

2 Likes

A bit like when I had to cycle to school when I was ten - headwinds on the thirteen miles there, and going home headwinds again… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:… you never catch a break… :laughing:

What did I tell you the other day? If you want it to stay dry, always take your waterproofs with you. Going without them is just asking for trouble…

2 Likes

I know…slack drills from me :grimacing:.

Well today I sat in my local tyre fitters to get 2 new tyres for the motah ahead of it’s MOT in 2 weeks rather than get shafted by the main stealer. Am I glad I got the dealer to swap the 19" alloys for 18" ones when I bought it as they would have been £85…extra each if I kept them :scream: feck paying nearly £200 a corner for new tyres. Took 2 hours with the travelling so decided to give the tractor a clean as it was cold and overcast here today then cleaned my bats ahead of a match tomorrow. This retirement lark is hard work at times…fortunately not that often though…

3 Likes

I had a Yamaha that could make it rain.

You decided to go German with your bike Ade… :laughing:

If I had a Yamaha I would be glad it did…

Better than going Dutch :rofl:

Today I had a nice dry and warm commute on the Blade :partying_face:. Very busy traffic on the way back but still nice to be on the bike.

In other news, one side of my face is very painful and looks like this little critter’s following my root canal on Tuesday, it was so sore last night I didn’t get much sleep and then woke up looking a bit lopsided :person_facepalming:. Hopefully it will start to settle tomorrow as I am very much hoping it’s not an infection :crossed_fingers:.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 18.57.07

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So that was you in Pets at Home earlier. :wink:

Here’s hoping it sorts itself out quickly, or the antibiotics arrive soon if needed.

Watching it rain all morning in Crete. Had a thunder storm and a half last night that took out the power for most of the morning and then it cleared up a bit….
The moon was dazzlingly bright and lit up the bay. It’s two days from being a full moon but was beautiful with the clear skies last night. The calm after the storm…

13 Likes

I am still doing a hamster impression and holding a bag of frozen blueberries to my poor painful face; frustrating :woozy_face:.

1 Like

Oh dear - I wish you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Riding Mrs W’s 125, she’s decided I should help run it in so thrashed it over to Carmarthen yesterday and today, 100 miles and the fuel guage still hasn’t budged off 5 bars.

6 Likes