What have you done to your non Triumph today

Even taller than @Wessa eh? :rofl:

4 Likes

To be fair, our Spaniel is taller than Eric. :grin:

5 Likes

But not as vicious and smells nicer too?

4 Likes

Hmm from a short person perspective…some of us need to grow less to reach perfection than others :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

4 Likes

Well, she’s definitely not vicious…

After visiting my dad on his 89th birthday this morning took the Benelli out for a spin around the lanes. All but run in now so the dizzying heights of 60bmph (Benelli Miles per Hour) are within range now :grinning:

On a tiny gated road looking towards Coniston

5 Likes

Picked up a bargain today :face_with_peeking_eye:

You can get a number of seat heights for the RS : 860, 820 (standard) and 760mm any of which can be spec’d at the build stage.

The standard 820mm was a tad high for me and (with the clip on bars) felt like I was sat on rather than in the bike so I ordered the 760mm one.

Anyhoo yesterday on evilbay up poped a brand new 790mm seat for £75 ( list is somewhere around the £220 mark, the 790mm seat I think is standard on the 1250R but fits the RS too).

It arrived today and initial impressions without riding the bike is that leg room is improved as you’d guess, I can easily flat foot 1 leg or have both feet down with my heels about 1"off the deck (the seat is quite wide on the boxers due to the tubular frame so pushes yiur knees out sidewards). Strangely I seem to have less weight on my wrists than with the lower seat, maybe because as my arse is 30mm higher up the distance between it and the bars is slightly less (trigonometry and all that) or that might be just bollox. So once the weather finally dries out I’ll be doing some non technical testing to see which I prefer then probably sell the other. I might just throw boot choice into the mix to decide if I keep my Daytona M Stars or Alpine Stars gortex ones too :thinking:

3 Likes

Have I missed this or is The Fi-RED- blade not yet back together again…?

1 Like

Any day now :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:.

5 Likes

Ooo a game… cheque’s in the post :joy:

1 Like

Well the Fi-RED-blade (thanks @Oldskool) is ready :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:. MOT passed today and I have taxed it. I can’t get it today as I am home alone and on nights but hopefully tomorrow if not too tired from tonight. Otherwise Monday. If I can wait that long…

6 Likes

MUCH EXCITEMENT :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:.

May I present the Blade in its even more lovely form. It is a shame it’s not a sunny day as the red paint has a lovely gold shimmer in it and the black a metallic shimmer too which really makes it look special. The quality of the work is incredible. We have taken some artistic license by using the font from previous blades as I like it better and the tail piece, but other than that I have stayed pretty true to the original look. Just the tank protectors to fit and it’s good to go :slightly_smiling_face:.

13 Likes

Cracking job there @MrsVisor. The bike looks beautiful.

2 Likes

Cracking paint job, Grommit!
Top quality work @MrsVisor . The photo of the fuel tank makes the paint look about a foot deep, beautiful :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the shell-suit colours that some Fireblades came in, but yours looks beautiful in red. And, of course, red is the fastest colour!

2 Likes

I have to confess to being a fan of the shell suit blades :grimacing:.

Oh dear. Still, you got this one exactly right.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic job, gorgeous!

1 Like

Very nice, people will be asking you if it’s a new bike. All you’ve got to do now is ride it, clean it, rinse and repeat :wink:

1 Like

It feels like a new bike :heart_eyes:.