What have you done to your non Triumph today

Congrats on a job well done. That does look superb :ok_hand:

Great looking work and you are clearly and justifiably very proud of it - for good reason. I think I’d be investing in some paint protection film as well as ‘pads’! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

:clap: :clap:
I assume the emojis on the tail have a hidden (to me at least) meaning? Very Rossi-esk :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:
Time to remove those redundant pillion pegs?

1 Like

What a beaut! Lovely job. If only I was young enough to ride it!

1 Like

Yes, just something personal to me that I wanted on there!

1 Like

I found this tank protector; think it goes well.

6 Likes

Yesterday we had a tiny window of dry weather so I just did a local ride of 40 miles on the Blade accompanying Helmut to MOT the Multistrada and then take the Tuono out to try and get to the bottom of some clutch problems on it. Some faster roads and some riding through town. Definitely not an adventurous or thrilling ride but it felt amazing to be back out on the Blade, especially now it looks so amazing :partying_face:. The riding position was a shock after the very upright and roomy position of the NC750X I rode for a week on Gran Canaria :laughing:.

9 Likes

Washed it

Was disgracefully filthy

3 Likes

Not been around here much gang. Just farting around in the garage

Lots of metalwork and rebuilding. 70s AMF paint done.

Ammo box in place, held with a leather belt. I may drill and paint the Derby cover as it’s now a belt drive. Just total rewire to do and I’ll be off out as it seems to have stopped raining for five minutes.

I’ve done a few of these petrol caps dedicated to some of my relatives. This one is for my Dad (WW2 War Medal) and will sit on a Bonnie. The one on the Shovel is for a Great great great uncle who fought in the Peninsular Wars against Napoleon. India General Service Medal to do for my Grandad etc etc. It’s all go :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That’s a big lump of engine, right there. As it should be.

Loving the tank cap idea. Shame modern bikes are so boring and functional in that department.

2 Likes

It’s certainly a big lump. It a lot harder to push around than the Triumphs, I can hardly get it into the wheel chock on the bike lift without a bit of a run up.
No brake lines as yet so rolling it off of the lift ramp is a bit hairy too :laughing:

2 Likes

I like that expression, I’ve been the same. Just bought a new replacement compressor, opted for ‘silent’. Came today but still in its box. Very looking forward. It’s not quite what I need/want but close enough

1 Like

I finished running in the Tracer 7 GT today and loved every mile :sunglasses:

Today I found what must be the worst potholes on any UK roads! :thinking:

6 Likes

Not only pot holes but “pot holes under water”, blimey :no_mouth:

2 Likes

More like ‘pot wells’.

5 Likes

Nice trip to Elan Valley today, though I was a bit cream crackered by the time I got back. Levels arn’t that far from full so there should’t be any hosepipe bans for the Brummies this year

8 Likes

Nice bike @Littleade , belated happy new bike day! And the blade is gorgeous @MrsVisor !

3 Likes

You say the nicest things :rofl:

Thanks, 1st service is due now. It was a bit strange riding a bike with normal USD forks after 8 years on the GS’

2 Likes

Do you miss the telelever?

Difficult to say really Eric. I found the GS’ 2nd gen
ESA suspension was usually either a fraction too soft or too hard for me on twisty undulating roads, probably cause I ain’t a typical bat fastard GS rider, but it was certainly smoother than the shorter travel suspension and USD forks on the RS. I didn’t get much feedback from the GS so just needed to trust it and let it get on with it, where as the RS lets you know what’s going on underneath you more though the ride isn’t as smooth. Depends what you want I guess, the GS has bigger wheels to. I guess to get a better comparison the RT would be a good choice but it’s ferkin heavy and expensive

2 Likes