What have you done to your non Triumph today

I did find with the telelever front I could ‘front brake’ cranked right over without any problems and I miss that with the 9T. I’ve yet to carry passengers on the 9T to see how it reacts as on the rockster and other r1150r it was effortless and I didn’t feel the weight of them at all.

I don’t carry a pillion anymore, which was one of the GS’ strengths but I don’t need that tick in the box now. The RS has the 6 axis IMU with cornering ABS so I should be ok should I ever need it in anger :cold_sweat:

Space ship talk, intergalactic gadgets? Wtf?

Mines got more TLIs on the spec sheet than you hear at a senior management meeting :rofl:

1 Like

Not been on here for a few days; I have made good use of my rest days from work in this good weather. Two trips for the Fireblade and two for the Street Triple.

I did about 150 miles through Shropshire to see a new cafe (which was unexpectedly closed when I got there :laughing:). Great day out all the same and I found a nice little cafe outside Shawbury called Piper’s which did lovely coffee and food. The cakes also looked gorgeous but I managed to restrain myself! I had an oatcake with sausage, mushroom and cheese with salad on the side (beans were the other side option). The carpark was good and the place was clean and friendly, so I’d recommend!

The other trip on the Fireblade was about 180 miles around the Cotswolds with a stop at Bourton-on-the-Water and then I met Helmut at AV8 cafe which I had never been to before and we rode home together. The Fireblade gots loads of attention at both stops from the veteran riders who tend to be out on weekdays :heart_eyes:.

10 Likes

Burton-on-the-Water is gorgeous on a hot summer day. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That was a planned stop for me on my route from Fishguard to Dover… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Today I took the Fireblade and Helmut the Nightstorm and we rode in glorious sunshine to meet friends riding from their respective homes in Aberystwyth. Glorious sunshine until we actually got to the seaside that is…it hadn’t got the clear blue skies memo and the fog was hanging around stubbornly. It was a lovely day out, about 200 miles’ worth of gorgeous scenery. There were some absolute lunatics out on their bikes today though; I’d rather not rely so much on sheer luck as some seem to :astonished:.

7 Likes

Your Blade looks the dog’s danglies! :laughing: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It was covered in dead bugs and STILL looked sooo shiny and special :heart_eyes:. High praise from you for a red Blade :partying_face:.

Edited to add that I have just noticed that I look like I have a small woman’s head as some sort of figurehead on the top of the screen :rofl:.

1 Like

Not at all - if one can’t recognise beauty there’s something seriously wrong. (and also my yet to be delivered Tiger is red… :rofl:)

2 Likes

Here’s a photo minus the decapitated woman’s head on the screen. She still has it attached to her body on this one :grimacing: :laughing:.

3 Likes

Had a late afternoon ride down to Sennen again, still glorious blue skies at Sennen but like you the sea mist/fog was blowing in by the time we got to the St. Ives area.

2 Likes

With your record of hitting (or being hit by) wildlife, a decapitated woman’s head wouldn’t have been altogether unlikely…

P.S. Your Blade certainly looks the business.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong :laughing:.

2 Likes

Took the sporting tractor for it’s 1st service which the dealer arranged to be FOC due to the delivery delay.

Soooo… I drank their coffee

20240529_094721

Walked around the showroom and considered trading up to this

20240529_103946

Before taking the long way home, which turned out to be even longer due to a couple of road closures. BUT… I DIDN’T GET WET

8 Likes

Forgot to add…

The RS was subject to a recall inspection (already!) so they got a replacement suspension unit in just in case so they could replace that at the same time to save me having to go back, but fortunately mine was ok.

Cotswold offer an appointment option for servicing which I use and find very convenient, I was only there 90 minutes end to end and that included me drinking my 2nd cup of coffee as it would have been rude to leave it.

Just wondering do the Triumph dealers do similar appointments for servicing and if so how good is it?

1 Like

So, did you enquire about the low seat option? :wink:

Likewise, I’ve just had my XR serviced at Ocean Falmouth BMW, and happy with their service.
Oil, filter, air filter, brake fluid + general check over, 2 hours, 2 cups of coffee, sadly far from free though. :laughing:

4 Likes

IMG_20240505_121120018

Im off on Sunday for 5 or 6 nights around, Scotland ( See Ireland May 2024 for pics of said country, HaHa ).

So gave the Yamaha MT10 a going over. :joy:
Checked the oil, checked the tyres, tightened the chain. Fitted Trekker top box, and phone mount, packed some tools, Disc Lock and chain lube.

I fitted a Baffle last week cos the Acraprovic was too loud for me. I had to drill a bolt hole in the exhaust mouth to fit an R1 baffle cos the MT10 version don’t have one, much quieter.
Removed the Touring Screen and put on the standard one, for looks and it might slow the bike down.
Made sure waterproofs were in the box, rewaxed boots, gloves and jacket. :grinning:

8 Likes

Have a good one, James! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes