What have you done to your non Triumph today

I hope the weathr holds. Always a gamble up there. Looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics from your trip.

3 Likes

Have a good trip James. Ride safe :grinning:

3 Likes

Have a good trip but save some decent weather for me at beginning of July, good lad :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m sure he will - James is a very generous lad… :rofl: (and thirsty - remember Gairloch @3speedlowslowgo James? :sweat_smile:).

Cheeky fecker …

2 Likes

We had a good night, sampling local produce.

1 Like

Nice bike and I love that mean Transformers look :sunglasses:

Me too, Looks even better with the standard screen. Cheers.

1 Like

I had to fit a baffle too on the std 9T exhaust as the lads wouldn’t ride behind me on the Scottish trip a couple of years ago!!

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t ride behind my exhaust, as it was. Little part of me feels that I’ve some how emasculated me bike!
Although the HP Ive lost, if any, will be unnoticeable to me. Michael Dunlop might notice.

3 Likes

If anything I find the baffle usually improves power/torque in the low to mid range, right where you mostly are on the roads.

3 Likes

I am working this evening, so had a lovely few hours out this morning; I got to the Honey Cafe just as it was opening for the day for some breakfast :slightly_smiling_face:.

9 Likes

Your Blade looks brilliant!

2 Likes

Thank you; the paint has made such a difference - loads of people ask about it now :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’m not surprised, a real head-turner!

1 Like

Yes paintwork really transforms a vehicle especially it it’s done tastefully then it’s for the best.

1 Like

So now it’s been a while since you had your new rs and we last spoke, would you swap back to a gs or recommend the rs?

1 Like

Morning Eric…

What I’d recommend to anyone remotely thinking of getting one is that they toddle off to their nearest mothership outpost and give one a test ride to see if it’s what they are after…or not as the case may be.

The GS has better weather protection and is more comfortable with more of a magic carpet ride (though it’s a bit of a detached feel due to the telelever suspension) to it and pillion comfort is better too on the GS so if you were doing loads of 2 up touring then that bike would probably be the better of the 2 if all day comfort was a priority.

Cost wise at over 20k the GS is around 5k more than an equivelent RS and 20k seems to be the trigger point for some insurance companies to either refuse cover or increase the premium massively, especially if you’re in the “wrong” postcode.

By comparison the RS is more compact and easier to move around and manage at low speeds and is a more engaging ride due to it’s traditional forks (though mine still has semi active suspension). Downsides are it’s not as comfortable and wind protection isn’t as good. Pillion comfort isn’t a consideration for me anymore as SWMBO has now sold her kit and no longer comes out on the bike (which was one of the main reasons I got the GS in the 1st place).

Compared to the 1250R it has slower steering so is less flickable, but the upside is it’s more stable

700 miles in I’m still in the “fettling stage” as I experiment with 2 different seat heights. The bike came with a 760mm seat as I found the standard 820mm one gave a sit on rather than sit in feeling and put too much weight on my wrists, especially with the standard clip on type bars. I also have the Tubular bar option that uses the sports bars off the 1250R. The 760mm seat allowed me to flat foot with normal riding boots, but it’s rather hard and because if it’s shape I tend to slide forward up against the tank. I bought a 790mm seat that was like new off ebay for £80 and am currently trying that with my Daytona M star boots which allows me to flat foot and has a similar knee angle to the 760mm seat with the normal boots and that’s more comfortable and allows me to move around a bit more. Obviously I sit slightly higher with the 790mm seat on which means the screen is slightly lower, but that’s still sitting about an inch lower than my GS was. To put it onto perspective the LC boxers have a wide frame under the seat so it splays your legs out compared to other bikes so you need a lower seat to flat foot compared to other bikes. I have a taller Puig screen on it too as the OE one is crap. Again it’s not as good as the GS screen was and the MRA vario ones are supposed to be better but I don’t like the look of them. Although it’s not as comfy as the GS was it’s not uncomfortable, it just has a more forward canted traditional riding position.

Because it’s more compact with shorter suspension travel it’s more difficult to get at the awkward bits like the rear shock when cleaning it.

Overall for the type of riding I do I’m pleased with it so far and I can’t see me getting another GS mainly because of the cost and my change in riding habits, plus I’ve had 3 in a row so time for a change.

4 Likes

If the weather stays kind I’ll be test riding an RS on Sunday. My beemer dealer has an open/test ride day. Just curious whether things have changed much, I rode several ditch pumps about 9yrs ago when spending a week here.
Weissespitze Hotel
Not a fan of the boxer engine and gearbox in particular at that time, so will be interesting to see the improvements (or not).
No chance of actually buying one, SWMBO has the veto on anything with “those silly sticky out bits” :laughing:

4 Likes

I am with her there on the sticky out engine!

5 Likes