What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Final day off before I go back to work tomorrow so I went for just a 50 mile little outing today, I could have stayed out all day but sadly I had things I needed to do other than enjoy my bike :laughing:.

5 Likes

It is sometimes nice to just do a short ride to keep your mood lifted before tackling all those other chores that need doing.

1 Like

Nice day, and as the insurance restrictions for the Tiger are lifted as of today, I took it for a pleasant run.

6 Likes

Exactly that :+1:.

1 Like

Beautiful day, sunny and 15C. Had to take her out!

7 Likes

I cleaned the tiger today. It was well over due a bit of tlc. :grinning:

I then took the Thruxton out of the vacsac. I fitted the rear brake peddle that I got from World of Triumph. The old one was well bent following the bike drop before the winter when putting it on the paddock stand for a final clean and preparation for the winter.

It is s booked in for an MOT the first week in April, and I’m really looking forward to getting to ride it again for the summer.

7 Likes

I have to do a Bucket List motorcycle tour of GB. I see a lot of tasty-looking scenery.
(I’m in Maine USA.)

4 Likes

UK… they all ride the wrong side of the road!!

Yes, we all ride only right-hand-drive motorcycles.

1 Like

My plan is to face the mirrors in the opposite direction. Or something.

First trip out on a bike for a few weeks following my Chicken Pox saga, and first trip out on the Speed Twin for at least a couple of months. It was good to be out on it again.

11 Likes

Good to see you are on the mend…

2 Likes

After a misty, dull start to the day, it brightened up nicely this afternoon, so out and about on the Speed Twin again :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Follow my last ride gave the tiger some tlc. She is looking spick and span lol :+1:

8 Likes

Looking good, Steve! Can’t wait to see it in the flesh in May!

1 Like

Yes May is not long now.

I have done two shortish 50 mile or so rides this week on the Striple - one the day before yesterday before going to work and one today after finishing work; on days off now so hoping to venture further afield. The weather looks like it might be OK tomorrow :crossed_fingers:.

I also need to clean it…it’s filthy :grimacing:.

3 Likes

A lovely few hours out today, first ride into Wales of 2024 and the roads were nice and quiet.
I stopped at the Baffle Haus for a coffee, it was pretty busy today with other people who had taken advantage of the dry day too :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

This morning was largely devoted to giving the Speed Twin a good clean, including cleaning and re-lubing the chain, so it’s now looking sparkly clean again.

This afternoon was a trip out on the Tiger. A sunny day, if a bit cool and blustery.

It’s interesting comparing the ride on the Speed Twin with the Tiger - I definitely ride more quickly on the Tiger. I think it’s down to a combination of the decent wind protection on the Tiger and the more relaxed engine on the Speed Twin. The Speed Twin is the quicker bike at the end of the day, but it doesn’t encourage you to ride like a hooligan! It will do it if you want it to, but it feels more natural to just ride the torque, relax and enjoy the countryside :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Unfortunately, my speed triple, the mrs. Striple and my Tiger all turn me into a hooligan… :see_no_evil: Not all the time though… :grinning:

2 Likes