What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

Very good to have Mrs Mouse’s paw stamp of approval, I would have thought :+1:.

1 Like

Straddle stones, pretty as a picture.

9 Likes

I went for a run to Bill Smiths on the Thruxton. Had a wander about and chat with the owner. I will post something in the Dealers thread about our conversation. Watch this space.

4 Likes

Commute for me today, I concentrated on putting into practice what I learned on my training day. I had forgotten that every school summer holiday is the signal for about 4 - 5 sets of temporary lights on the main route to work as they do their annual roadworks…but at least on the bike this year I have been able to work my way to the front when they’ve been on red :+1:.

7 Likes

Yes, then every time you’re sat in the car and stuck in a queue you always think, " I wish I was on the bike".

2 Likes

I gave the bonneville a quick check over as it’s been laid up since mid june, glad I did as I found the sidestand cut out switch was loose, I mean properly rattley loose, I’m guessing this was replaced at sometime as there were witness marks on the torx screws, you need baby hands and a mini ratchet to get in there. This is why i hand wash my bikes, you’re not going to find these potential issues standing back with a jet wash lance.

7 Likes

MOT day today. Instead of doing the 10 minute ride back home couldn’t resist heading the other way for a couple of hours riding :slight_smile: Didn’t have satnav with me so went proper exploring and down a few roads I’ve not done before.

7 Likes

Took the bike at lunch pause, and I admit switching from 10W40 to 15W50 improved a lot gear change.

4 Likes

Did it pass?

Proper biker thinking, that is. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never used any sat nav on a bike, never will, you find the best roads getting lost.

1 Like

I would modify that by suggesting the time to turn it on is when you just need to get home and you’re already enjoying the experience of being completely lost from following the road not usually taken. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pros and cons for me. I use the satnav if I’m touring or on a new route that I have sat and planned, in particular if I have never been in the area before. And for some mp3 music, which can enhance my riding experience. Otherwise I just follow the front wheel and see where it takes me :grinning:

1 Like

No music and no earplugs either, listen to the engine sound track and my tinnitus…

2 Likes

Commute again for me today; the traffic this evening was awful, but I think everyone who usually takes the train was on the road due to the strikes.

2 Likes

Tried music, wasn’t keen while riding. Only really use a sat-nav when touring but I wouldn’t be without one on tour. Much more than just directions, I have all my hotels saved, speed limits are displayed which is very handy especially in euros! Speed cameras, coming across a closed road where it has been a lifesaver twice, once in the Pico’s where you just can’t ride over a mountain and recently the Scottish trip when we had a ferry to catch! Press a button and ok, we go this way and will arrive at that time.

2 Likes

My “sat nav” for a 4000 mile solo trip around the states, quick look at the map at night, make a few notes no distractions.

5 Likes

I had a comms system on for a while, but I never really used it. I think I used a sat nav once on a recent Scottish trip to find the nearest petrol station when I was running low. So I don’t mind it as a back-up, but tend to follow my nose… funny enough though, I’ve started to use it regularly in the car???

1 Like

Agree with that. Riding is a good time for introspection.

SatNav only for long travel, only visual information, no sound

Remember those old cassette tape recorders where you needed to press record and play buttons to record? Before the walkman things came out.
I converted the single earpiece into a double one by splicing on another one. I then put the tape recorder into a top box that I had on a CB honda I used for work and thought I’d listen to some Floyd to ease my commute.
Kin 'ell - I couldn’t hear anything on the road, I couldn’t concentrate, the music overtook everything. I binned that idea pretty quickly. I’ve no idea how people go about their lives in a world reliant on being connected continually to everyone else while being surrounded by something that’s not real. Wall-E was better than we thought.
Bloody old age that is. Moaning old sod.
I was happily playing Chivalry 2 the other day, chopping heads off, lopping arms killing peasants etc etc. as you do. One of the players asked what the rest of us did for a living (they had been talking about being off work and enjoying a leisurely day at home). I told them I was retired.
“Are you over 60?” asked one of the players. “Yes” says I.
“Welcome to the future Old Man” came the reply.
Exactly…over…

1 Like