What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

The good thing about these neverending threads is they encourage people to drop posts in regularly,. The downside is that they can become threads within threads, and other, sometimes more sppproproate, categories are less used.

We quite often post mini outings trips in here but they can go in the ‘rideouts’ category too - thay all count. :slight_smile:

Not actually something I’ve done but arranged, the Bonneville is coming out of a 7 week hibernation on Monday, my back is better than before the scaffolding was inserted so Mrs W has given me the thumbs up to start riding again, I was supposed to wait until 10th of August but as she’s been giving me some DIY projects this week it’s only fair. Im happy as a dog with two dicks.

10 Likes

That’s brilliant @PatW :partying_face:

2 Likes

Yes congratulation on your speedy recovery @PatW . Enjoy your first ride back. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice run out today seeing as its my last day off, About 170 miles.
Hit the lovely Antrim coast this morning…

Then had a play in the beautiful Glens.

Some hooliganism happened since my tyres are due changing.

Then onwards through the Glens to a lovely wee spot for a coffee.

We hit the coast again then came back down for the road home. Another little stop off, it was getting pretty warm but it was perfect in the shade for a rest.

A very enjoyable day out was had :ok_hand:t2:

11 Likes

The Antrim coast and glens are so, so beautiful. What a place to ride. Do you feel any regret going back to the Street Triple at all from the KTM?

1 Like

Not really. the only place the KTM is quicker is in a long straight line. The brutal torque of the KTM was fun, and thats the only aspect I miss. But I don’t miss it all that much, the 765 actually feels as fast if you ride it hard. Its just such a well rounded package. IMHO a much more fun and rewarding bike than its bigger brother on the roads, more comfortable too! I miss the gen2 Superduke more, it had bags of character. The gen3 got all serious and more focused. Technically a better bike but I think it lost a bit of its soul. The 765 is really something special. It’s just got the right amount of everything.

4 Likes

Thanks all :+1: just as an aside, during the “OP” i was face down under general anaesthetic for 5 1/2 hours, when I woke up, my eyesight was very blurred, this blurriness continued for over 5 weeks, only 2 weeks ago did it start to clear up and very gradually. Apparently it’s a known side effect of laying face down for long periods under general anaesthetic, who knew?

3 Likes

Great way to spend your last day of your holiday @Andyc1 . Hope going back to w*rk on Monday is not to painful :wink:

1 Like

Think I might need a day off on Monday :laughing:

Changed tyres back to the standard Supercorsas. I done the 600 break-in miles on these then swapped them for Rosso 4’s as I didn’t think they would have lasted a Scotland trip I was going on. Well thats the Rosso 4’s buggered now and they lasted me 2500 miles. They were a good tyre, got well tested in the wet and dry. I may buy them again in the future.

7 Likes

Test road new shock spring which is looking right at last, though need a test ride with Mrs Mouse to confirm. On my long test route there a small road I have been riding up and down to test settings on undulating roads but could do that today as it was chocka with motorcycle traffic trying to get into the Founders Day Vintage Motorcycle Club Rally :smiley: (as I discovered by searching online when I got back).

2 Likes

Found the culprit. I was stumped with this one. I have now rebuilt this engine twice down to the sludge trap. I’d bench tested the new Morgo pump. Everything was new so assumed I’d missed/caused some blockage or it could be the big ends, cracked crankshaft or sludgetrap plug letting by. All back together and still wet sumping.
Was convincing myself to take off all the hoses again to push something through rather than just blow air through. The Admin Staff arrived with a cuppa and suggested to take bits off of one of the other working bikes and swap with the main culprits on this one.
Guess what

I’d swapped it already with another new one in the stash, checked the spring length, cleaned and checked the piston. Seems so obvious now, would’ve saved me an engine build :unamused:

6 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Mid Devon Show Classic Vehicle Display

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mid Devon Show Classic Vehicle Display

Out on the tiger today. Had a little errand to run on which I got very wet. Decided that the bike was getter wet and dirty, so decided to go for ride. Got even wetter but hey ho :slightly_smiling_face: It was good to be out on the bike as looking after grandchildren and other family commitments I’ve not been on the bikes for a week. Stopped for a cuppa and wander around J&S super store before setting off for home.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mid Devon Show Classic Vehicle Display

I’m sure you will recover mate. A session in the garage with a good micro fibre cloth will soon soothe your mind.

Today I had some training with Rapid Training which was my birthday present from @HelmutVisor - it was fantastic and I received an awful lot more positive feedback about my riding than I was expecting which was a good confidence boost (obviously in the context of my six whole months of big bike experience!!). It goes without saying that there is very much plenty of work to do and experience to gain too until I am where I would like to be. I’ll not go into it here, I’ll do a separate post in the Training section later or tomorrow. Suffice to say it was a brilliant day’s training, I am mentally pretty tired after such intense concentration and did about 200 miles altogether (including riding to meet up with the coach) but a very good kind of tired!

10 Likes

Had a ride out for lunch with Mrs Mouse as pillion to check out the new suspension, she says it’s an improvement :smiley: Discovered that her previous complaints about old one being too ‘bouncy’ meant being thrown out of seat on bumps, which would have been from the bottoming out. (I was thinking she meant the secondary bouncing caused by insufficient damping). Now we have a shock where we can adjust the preload for our weight, this bottoming doesn’t occur on ‘normal’ bumps.

3 Likes