What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

nice to see nice weather. Here today we have… SNOW :rofl:
Climate change deniers are living in a cave I guess…

4 Likes

Today we have rain and batting centeal is shut yet again. Yesterday we had rain, no doubt tomorrow will be the same :rage:

Near Oulton Park?

Yep just down the road towards Tarporley.

Finally got the Street Triple out for a decent run this morning. It’s had two short runs over to Helmsley bit this is the first proper rideout since November.

Up into County Durham through Barnard Castle and onto Samuel James Deli cafe in Middleton in Teesdale. Popular with bikers - a few were just leaving as I arrived.

8 Likes

We are going to Red Marley Hill Climb on Monday. As the last ride out was cancelled due to foul weather, we are taking the T100. I have been on my hands and knees with brushes and paraffin all round the rear of the engine, swingarm and main stand. Loads of greasy, gritty muck. Quite satisfying until it exposed some rust which will get sorted at the end of the riding season. I will take it off SORN on Monday morning.

5 Likes

Great photos Steve :+1::grinning:

3 Likes

First outing with mrs. V this year.

8 Likes

Out and about this morning on the Speed Twin before the forecast rain.

Turning the picture into black & white makes the sky look suitably threatening.

In reality, it wasn’t a bad morning :blush:

7 Likes

Took the Thruxton for its MOT this morning. No drama, rode home and taxed it, now ready for the season :grinning:

5 Likes

The Emerald Isle awaits! But that’ll be with your Tiger… :smiley:

Shame the roads/weather isn’t. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Yep definitely on the tiger for when we go to Ireland.

1 Like

Today has been glorious in Cheshire. It started a bit iffy early on when I went for the MOT. But after lunch with the wife it brightened up, so got nearly three hours of blissful riding. Topped off the day with a pint in my local. I forgot how good the Thruxton is, what a machine.

6 Likes

No…
Still raining. :roll_eyes:
IMG_20240402_170947 (1)

3 Likes

Nothing… :smiley:

10 Likes

Nothing … we got 5cm new snow today … and the next night the temperature will go down as low as -10C.

But I picked up one parcel from the post … 3 small extras for the bike now 2024. I did enough of those already last year, so I will not do more now.

Plus one thing to check … I have 2 fuel bottle systems (similar as in the photos) …

2* (1,5l fuel bottle + tube). I did not find any place for those in my Moto Guzzi Nevada. I will check if could I install those somewhere in my Tiger 800 (keeping in mind … I have 3 original plastic bags). I do not need those at normal times, but in the North, the gas stations are more far from each other. Some extra fuel would not harm at all.

6 Likes

Nice new Avon Roadrider fitted to the Bonneville front wheel, together with new michelin airstop tube. I had to overinflate to 80 psi to get the bead to seat fully, but that satisfying “pop” when it works is something else! I spun the wheel a few times before fitting the serviced caliper. I stuck a piece of tape on the rim every time it stopped and it seems pretty well balanced. A road test will prove yea or nay!

5 Likes

I actually got to ride today! Finally it was dry, somewhat warm…53F and not windy. First time in like 3 weeks.

4 Likes

Washed it and then took it to a National Trust property, Beningbrough Hall, so that I could have a decent sausage bap in the cafe :sunglasses:

8 Likes