What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

That looks lovely. The bike’s quite nice too.

6 Likes

Just got home from East Anglia chasing Landmark Challenge points. Another 7 puts us in silver medal position with 28/50 so far. It’s over 30 years since we moved back to The Midlands, so it was good to revisit some of the places we took the children to on holidays. North East next week, but need new tyres first, as the OEM Metzelers have given their best at 11,500 miles. Very pleased with them, never gave me any reason to doubt them, although I know others hate them. I have a pair of Metzeler Roadtech 01 to fit, the radial front will steer better than the original crossply.
Run out of green tacks for the map, so another bag of mixed colours ordered.

8 Likes

Well, that was a result! I took my wheels down to Fastfit with the intention of leaving them for a day or two and the biker who fits the tyres said 30 mins! So when I got home, there was time to have a good clean up of the swingarm and front forks. All three calipers got a clean and service, front sprocket guard removed and degreased, chain clean, adjust and lube. A good morning’s work and now time for a tea and flapjack.

7 Likes

I went to see my parents on my rest days this week; so a 410 or so mile round trip. The wind was a bit punishing, but otherwise all good :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Today I fitted the rear hugger I purchased a while back.

5 Likes

Well that was fun, honestly it was, the trophy is back running better than I can ever recall (touchwood, it stays that way). I don’t expect people to remember the problems I was having last year but working over the winter/spring has resolved it. I installed a new K&N air filter. Removed the carbs, cleaned the float bowls, pilot jets, pilot mixture screws and all the tiny tubes required to keep carbs working. Replaced both HT coils (one tested bad, one tested good). Replaced the pickup coil (reading over the correct ohms). Replaced no2 HT lead (reading low on ohms). Turns out the major fault lay with the HT coil that tested good! Then the new no2 HT lead was faulty… Oh the laughter.
I also screwed up a mixture screw seal on reinstall. I took it to my local shop and had them balance (I’ve only got 2 gauges from my old BMW’s) and set the mixture screws correctly plus replace the mixture screw and seal on no.1 carb.
Happy now. Just got back from a 2hr ride where I wasn’t concerned about being too far away from home in case I broke down…(pride before a fall?).
So I’m hoping for a lot less garage time over the spring/summer/autumn.

8 Likes

Had a ride down to Newport in Shropshire. On the way home called at Ma Bakers for a brew. A 900 Ducati pulled in and parked next to the Thruxton, two beautiful cafe racers. :grinning:

8 Likes

Took the Tiger to the dealer’s for its annual service. All good.

5 Likes

Getting ready for Ireland Wim? My tiger is in for service early May. :grinning:

1 Like

Yep Steve, annual service after nearly 7000 miles in the first year of ownership… :smiley:.
All ready for Ireland, rearing to go! :grin:

2 Likes

Cold, 5.5deg at coldest :yawning_face::cold_face:, but very enjoyable ride through Coniston to Keswick. Brew at the Filling Station then home via A66 and Shap. Sat shivering at home now :joy:

5 Likes

It was very wet last time I was there in November

3 Likes

On my last set of rest days from work I took my Street Triple to Cornwall and back. Cold, windy, bit wet on the way there…cold, windy, bit wet on the way back…cracking day in the middle when not on the bike :rofl:. About 450 ish damp miles done.

Didn’t want to leave the blade out so had a quick trip to a favourite haunt of mine before nights on Wednesday.

I am parked by the defibrillator again in case of over - consumption :laughing:.

8 Likes

Just back from the North East on our hunt for Landmark Challenge points. 640 miles door to door and bike is filthy. First wash completed and popped in to apply electricity and water to the kettle. We picked up another 6 points and now score 34/50. A slight pause follows as the diary is full, but hoping to leave for Lake District and Scotland mid May to collect another 10. The first anniversary of the 900 GT Pro purchase is on Wednesday and we have clocked up over 12,000 miles in the year.

12 Likes

Lovely weather this afternoon. Dry, generally sunny and for the first time actually quite warm (high teens), so I took the Speed Twin out for a few hours.

Stopped off at the Desert Rats memorial. The tank is now back on its pedestal following its refurb.

Last time I was there it was missing.

A bit further along the route I took the opportunity to get the drone up.

All in all, a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Retirement has its perks :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Lovely day here today, but rather than do battle with Bank Holiday Sunday traffic I decided to give both bikes a wash instead. Hopefully this nice weather will last into next week.

7 Likes

Forecast for my area is good for next week. As I am in my pre-retirement wind down I will wait until Tuesday I think before venturing out on Speedy :grin:

9 Likes

Congratulation on the retirement @Dawsy and welcome to freedom mate…

7 Likes

Lucky sods :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Not working anymore is great - you should try it, Andy… :rofl:

2 Likes